Miniature horse abuser in Florida!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupcake

Reaction score
I hope not to break any rules by posting this here, but please read her story on her profile starting with the video she posted yesterday - this sick $@&)$& needs to be caught.

This guy has been abusing, severely injuring her show horses, fillies and pregnant mares, killed the guard dog they got to protect them and the police won't do a thing even though they have vet records, DNA evidence and video of him.

https://www.facebook.com/abby.conder

For those who would like to help her keep an eye out she does have a mare due at any time on marestare. I have been watching and also trying to watch as much of the outside of the stall as is possible. I am sure she would appreciate all extra eyes that are available. I hope they catch this guy soon.

OMG, This is just horrific! I am so sorry this is happening to you and your horses.

Abby, you need a small pack of guard dogs, one is not enough. Be careful, Please.

She finally got one of the tv stations out there last night and they were going to run something at 10 I guess. She also gave them a copy of the video. There are a couple of very clear spots on there where they can see his face if they enlarged it and ID who this is! YES he needs to be caught! It's against the law. Are they waiting until he attacks humans??

Getting the word out to as many people as possible to help watch the mare as she's ready to foal is always a good idea. I wish they had taken the advice of the police and tried to get proof of who is doing this to their horses, all they have now is footage of someone trespassing...and have given a heads up to the perpetrator that he's being watched. If they catch the man "in" the barn now (doing no more than the tape shows) all they've done when it's over is allowed him to move on to someones else's animals a little smarter since the tape can't be connected in any way to the things they've reported. I hope and pray he does nothing else to hurt them, it's a sad situation but this is way more common than you think.

She does have DNA evidence that the vet has taken from her mares, but for some reason the cops will not take it. She has been dealing with it for a year now, so I guess I would have done the same-try to find out who it is rather than wait for him to hurt another mare to catch him.

Such a horrible situation though-poor fur babies.

I would imagine the cops won't take it because they have no proof of who to link it to, what would they do with it until they have eyewitness proof of whose it may be? Quietly setting up surveillance may have given them the proof to go with the physical evidence to convict this person.

FYI there is a story online on our Local News Channel 5 here in the St. Louis area. So if more stations can get the word and let this POS know people are looking for him maybe that will help catch this very sick individual.

They could run it through their database of previously convicted sexual abusers. I think they have one? You could definitely be right Debby-I just figured they would want it to make sure it's not tampered with. They could try to identify the man in the video, get him for trespassing, and test to see if the dna matches. But, we are only hearing one side of it. Seems strange the way it is proceeding, but then our justice system often surprises me.

She just had an adorable palomino filly born and it appears that there is someone in uniform looking into the stall...so maybe their presence will deter?

Update to change that it is a colt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they do catch him and that this poor woman has some peace back in her life, this is a horrible, horrible thing to have to go through. I stopped reading about it a couple days ago..or maybe it was yesterday, anyway right after I saw it going viral on Facebook with this caption on the news videos: "A miniature horse owner says a man is torturing and sexually abusing her horses, and she caught him on camera doing it".....this is the misinformation that has so many people doubly sickened plus riled up at the police for not helping.

We can at least all pray that he never goes back there and touches her precious animals or anyone's person or animals. This just breaks my heart to think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats terrible! I really hope they catch him
default_sad.png
I didn't see a video on her facebook, but I found this ; http://fox2now.com/2013/01/02/surveillance-video-catches-man-havin-sex-with-mini-horses/

Have no evidence??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What if it was a child? Would they then say "He has to be caught in the act" ? I don't think so..I posted it on my facebook page..I wonder if it is a neighbor or someone that has been there before? Hope she has the, guns out because I know I would.

I did not see the link on Facebook but you are correct. Abby's film clip did not show him doing anything. We think this is the culprit but he did not do more then look and pet on this visit. Abby has many tiny poodles in that barn too and it has been fortunate that they have not been harmed. There were helicopters searching for a homeless man that lives in the woods across from Abby's. they are thinking that possibly he is the culprit. Her daughter rents another barn and house on another section of the property and nothing has happened to her horses.

Yes, I have been following this too. I am so sorry this happened, but others are right. They only have a video of a man walking through the barn, not somone actually committing the alleged crime. Others have said some neigbors recognized another man in the woods, and older man, a black man. So I guess the police really cannot do anything based on what we are seeing now.

Yes, what has come out now, will def., move the guy on to someone elses barn. So sorry this happened at all - their are some really sick folks out there.

I wish everyone the best of luck ......................

He may have been there last night. There were panels removed last night just outside and footprints all around that area. He usually has come on Friday and Saturday night so Abby plans to be there watching today. Send here good thought to keep her safe as well as her horses.

Latest posts

Back