Mini-van

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyP

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you are staying warm. I came across this during my time on Facebook today. When I saw it I had a good laugh and then thought “I have to show it to my new friends on the Mini forum”. So here it is.

3562C5F6-B2B7-44C3-9365-02E0DB0B8284.jpeg

hahaha , I have seen photos of minis travelling in the back of cars before. That is quite well done and a good set up. I reckon the conversation coming from the back seat would be better than half the stuff they play on the radio :)

That's neat @ScottyP. Someone took some time to make that work for those minis. And they have better suspension on the bumps than they would in a trailer, I think.

That is a really cool use of space. Someone was really thinking when they thought that up. And @diamond c, I agree that maybe a rubber mat under the boxes would work out for accidents.

I do think that’s really neat, and probably not so hard to build. I wonder if it could be used for goats also. Or other 4 legged kritters of similar sizes.

Last edited:
I love the idea, but I think in Canada, it is strongly discouraged and may be illegal to carry farm animals in a personal vehicle. This is for safety of both animals and humans. :) Just think about an accident and 300-600 lbs.of minature horse hitting any passengers and/or crashing through windows. I am pretty sure a car insurance company would not honour insurance claims in this situation. Most good trailers are designed with the safety of the horse in mind. Check this link out and be sure to check with your car and horse insurance company. http://www.nfacc.ca/codes-of-practice/equine-code#section8
If you know of any insurance companies that are ok with this practice...please let me know!

Interesting that Canada and Australia both have it illegal. I have no idea if it’s legal or illegal here. I’m pretty sure it would depend on where you are in the US for it be okay or not. And in the backwoods area, I don’t think they would care if it was legal or illegal.

Gosh, then back woods of some states here would be shocking. There are many that have loose dogs in the back bed of a pick up truck. Or My mom takes her small dog in the car with her loose, and the dog just lays down in the passenger floor or in the passenger seat. No problems here. Isn't it interesting how things are different in countries?

Latest posts

Back