Mini Tricks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^T-bird89^

Reaction score
Impatiens was born and hand raised by us. A friend of ours taught her some tricks. I know people love seeing animals do tricks so i decided to post a couple of Paysh.

This is a pic of Paysh and me doing her lay down trick in the lawn at an old folks home.

100_0349.jpg

In this one Paysh is saying Hello. Its not a great picture but we were to busy to use the camera.

100_0345.jpg

We used to have one of her rearing but it was somehow deleted off of our computer. I'll try to take one of her rearing today!

And for a couple of others of ours caught on film.

The donkey hug:

P1010145z.jpg

And the "King of the MOM" pic of baby Austin- photo taken by Shawna Brown

austinplayswithmom.jpg

What can your mini do? I hope to see a ton of replies!!!

Those last two are priceless- I am not one who likes to see Minis doing tricks at all- I appreciate why you taught her, but I fear for them should they ever fall into the wrong hands!! What she is doing is fine now and not so good if she were still to be doing it in twenty years time. (Which I know she will not if she is still with you )

rabbitsfizz said:
Those last two are priceless- I am not one who likes to see Minis doing tricks at all- I appreciate why you taught her, but I fear for them should they ever fall into the wrong hands!! What she is doing is fine now and not so good if she were still to be doing it in twenty years time.  (Which I know she will not if she is still with you )
435303[/snapback]

What do you mean? We taught her to paw and rear on command because she was doing them on her own all the time- so we taught her to do it only when she was told and she behaves much better now. Paysh will live out her life at painted promise and never be sold. She does her tricks only on occasion, and she will only do it for treats. She usually only does them for me anyways, and once i move out, mom will probably retire her from her tricks...

I love tricks, they are what i LIVE for, my midnight does it all, my billy can do some... & my filly will do as much as she wants to when she is ready (hopfully all
wink.gif
)

your paysh is very cute!

can you pm me about his lying down trick? did you train him to do it? how was he trained to do it?

I have new pics of my minis, i'll try to get them up soon

pm me plz

Well, Alladdin has quite a little bag of tricks and we will work on more as we go along. He can rear, bow, curtsy bow, tell people he is #1 by raising his front leg. I hope to have spanish walk and spanish trot by next year, that will be doable. I would like for him to eventually learn to do half-passes, piaffe and maybe passage. He is so cool and very eager to learn.

Both of my mini mares know how to "smile."

My big horse Tyler smiles, strikes a dressage horse pose, look pretty for the camera by putting his ears forward on command, fetches a cone and brings it back to me. He will also free lunge in a circle around me, maintaining that posture of self-carriage and collection, that took a while to put in, but it is VERY cool!

Big horse 2yo Sedona gives a hug and smiles.

Big horse 3yo Ben strikes a pose, he also does some awesome liberty groundwork.

The only two I have now that don't have any tricks at all are aged Morgan horse Wizard, and 2yo mini stallion Danny.

midnight star stables said:
ps you can see one of midnight in my avatar
435310[/snapback]

No the pic is too small. maybe you can post one of him in here?

ClickMini said:
Well, Alladdin has quite a little bag of tricks and we will work on more as we go along. He can rear, bow, curtsy bow, tell people he is #1 by raising his front leg. I hope to have spanish walk and spanish trot by next year, that will be doable. I would like for him to eventually learn to do half-passes, piaffe and maybe passage. He is so cool and very eager to learn.
Both of my mini mares know how to "smile."

My big horse Tyler smiles, strikes a dressage horse pose, look pretty for the camera by putting his ears forward on command, fetches a cone and brings it back to me. He will also free lunge in a circle around me, maintaining that posture of self-carriage and collection, that took a while to put in, but it is VERY cool!

Big horse 2yo Sedona gives a hug and smiles.

Big horse 3yo Ben strikes a pose, he also does some awesome liberty groundwork.

The only two I have now that don't have any tricks at all are aged Morgan horse Wizard, and 2yo mini stallion Danny.

435314[/snapback]

WOW! sounds like you work hard. Its cool that they can do so much. Pyash can rear, bow, lay down, wave (paw), and give kisses.

Our mini donkey, Wyatt, can bow and play chase. Do you have any pictures of their tricks you can post?

ya know, Lindsay, I don't have many pictures! I should!!! I will take some next week, and I know my friend took a photo of Alladdin rearing recently, I just don't have it myself yet. There is one photo of Ty doing his pose on my web site:

http://www.amylacy.com/newFM/clickertraining.htm

I've got my hands full teaching the basics. But enjoyed your pictures. Maybe some day mine will be able to do a few.

_minihorses4ever_ said:
Can anyone PM the instructions to teach the lie down trick? Thanks....
yes.gif

435436[/snapback]

DITTO!!!!

I LOVE seeing them do tricks!!

-Gage-

Wow! Oliver knows which pocket the carrots are in, does that count? LOL

Do you just use treats to train them?

Thank you

Fran

hey guy, i saw afew of you were asking for those "how to"s
rolleyes.gif
I promas they are coming! so sorry I'm really bussy, but I WILL get them to you, like i said, i love tricks, they should have a class for them! tricks are my life!

Desi

_minihorses4ever_ said:
Can anyone PM the instructions to teach the lie down trick? Thanks....
yes.gif

435436[/snapback]

Josh Lyons was showing how to teach a horse to bow and lay down recently on RFD-TV on "John Lyons: Training from the Heart". That isn't a typo; Josh is John's son.

fran_myers said:
Wow! Oliver knows which pocket the carrots are in, does that count? LOLDo you just use treats to train them?

Thank you

Fran

435453[/snapback]

their are 3 ways: 1, treats 2, force 3, a mix... useing treats, prays(sp) force & love/trust all mixed together, i use #3 & it works for me!
yes.gif
wink.gif
mind you you have to know how to train them, or you confuse them & no matter how much food or force you use.. they can't learn
no.gif
takes time
yes.gif

Dar_B will back up real well, and we are working on the bow. But he would know alot more if I could figure out how to teach him to do the tricks. We are still working on the basics too.

Hello,

I'm posting this from another list. But, it is thread related, so I hope it's ok.
wub.gif

I can personally vouch for Carole's methods too. This last (I think), March or April, my brain is a little fuzzy on remembering the exact month that it was, LOL, but I recently sent my Champagne filly, Rose, (pictured in my avatar), to spend time with Carole. In just one week, Carole had her doing the smile, kiss, say no, count, wave hello, standing on pedestall...and I was even able to add another trick to Carole's stepping stones....Rose can also do a funny "I gotta go potty" dance. All that in just one week! Carole is AWESOME, and one of the most kindest horse handlers Ive ever been blessed to meet!

If anyone can make it to any of her clinics....you will be AMAZED! HAVE FUN!

Thanks for listening,

Tanya (and my lil' Rosie-pooh)

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello!

We have had many requests for trick horse clinics with Carole Fletcher, and here is your chance to attend one in Florida (look for others in 2005 around the country announced at our website, www.trickhorse.com, Clinics page).

You can sign up now for a week-end Trick Horse Training Clinic with Carole Fletcher on Sept. 24-25, 2005 at her ranch, Singin' Saddles Ranch in Reddick, FL. There are several choices open to you:

1. Bring your own horse, both days...........................$300

2. Bring your own horse, one day..............................$175

3. Auditor (no horse), both days................................$125

4. Auditor (no horse), one day....................................$75

If you wish to use one of our horses, the price will be the same as for a participant with a horse. Participants with horses and auditors will be provided with coffee and donuts in the AM and lunch and beverages. Stalls are at additional fees and feed and bedding will be provided by the horse owner. Negative Coggins test is required on all horses. Horses of all ages (must be weaned), breeds and sexes (mannerly stallions only, please!) welcome. Number of participants with horses limited to 12 each day.

Learn how to teach your horse to: kiss, smile, answer questions, fetch and retrieve, roll a barrel/ball, pick up a hat and give it to you, wave a flag, count, salute, mount a pedestal, stretch, curtsy bow, bow on one knee, lie down, sit up, Spanish Walk;

Use and construct props safely; Build a great bond with your horse and have more fun than you ever imagined possible!

For more information, please contact:

TRICK HORSE TRAINING

1-877-HORSE OK (toll-free)

Local: 1-352-369-0950

Fax: 1-352-369-0950

[email protected]

www.trickhorse.com

We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Fees are payable in advance. Visa/MC, check or Money order accepted

Lets me see oh ya this one gets her own food from the frig~!

4f425657.jpg

Then this is this one that is taking it easy on the sofa while watching TV~!!

037b5cdc.jpg

And one that is doing the dishes~! Now that is a trick~!
biggrin.gif

109975eb.jpg

This is not a mini But a 7 Month Old Purebred Arabian Filly loose in the kitchen without a halter or anything on
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back