mini trailers-prices?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkermini

Reaction score
I ran across a mini trailer for sale, for what I think is a pretty good price. I want to convince my husband Im right LOL. So what would be a good price for this: Used but in great condition mini trailer, 5x8, bumper pull with tandem axle. has dividers and can haul 4 minis. new tires, all lights etc. work. This trailer was made for minis, not a homemade or converted trailer. Thanks for any help!
default_smile.png

Hi,

Since i have been horse trailer shopping the past hmmm say 8 months and i see that you are in kentucky, i believe i know what trailer you are talking about (sad eh?). If it is the one i am thinking of, its a 4 horse wrangler at heart of ky trailer sales in shelbyville ky ...am i right on?
default_laugh.png

That IS a good price considering it is brand new and if only it were taller (i have some shetlands in the 42"-44" height range .....a trailer 5ft tall is not tall enough for my giants, or atleast that is what they are around here lol). I believe the trailer was in the $6,000 price range if it is the one with the dividers. I know that dealership also has a completely open trailer with tie rings that is cheaper and is for minis also made by wrangler.

Leeana
default_smile.png

Actually the trailer Im looking at is for sale by a private individual, not a trailer place. But your saying the one at the trailer place is $6000 makes me feel ALOT better LOL!

I paid $3000 for a used 5 x 8 tandem axle miniature trailer a year and a half ago. 3 horse slant load but can haul 4. It's a great little trailer and well worth the money.
default_smile.png

2 years ago I bought a wrangler mini trailer with 5 stalls and paid 3200. it was one year old. I feel I got a very good deal. it is 5 feet high. I also have a 16 foot stock trailer I use when I need to take more than five minis. It is a Corn Pro and I paid 5000 new for it. It is 6.5 feet high.

cyndia

Where do you guys find your trailers? We can't seem to find any good ones around here!

Thanks everyone for your help! Im pretty happy with what Im getting this trailer for then-$1500.
default_biggrin.png

Guess I need to tell hubby not to complain
default_yes.gif

Lets see if I can attach a pic...

I found this one on craigslist. I also looked on some of the horse sale sites that have other horse stuff for sale.

minitrailer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you guys find your trailers? We can't seem to find any good ones around here!
I found mine on the lilbeginnings US Sales Board. This one was in MA.

CT Trailers in CT also has them. www.cttrailers.com

Sue

www.horsetrailerworld.com ...atleast that is where i have been looking
default_smile.png

I would say for a mini bumperpull trailer its going to be cheaper then say a mini gooseneck trailer, BP's are normally cheaper then GN's. I've seen new mini bumper pull trailers in the $5,000-$8500 price range. I was looking at a mini 5 horse gooseneck wrangler for $12,500 which was imo a good deal and may still take them up on that.

I have glanced at every horse trailer for sale on this side of the united states, once or twice
default_wink.png

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

BackDoorOpenWebSiteCopy.jpg

Ours is a 2006 GN Wrangler that holds 6 miniatures or shetlands with a 4 ft dressing room, roof rack for carts/hay, ect. Very nice made trailer and was custom fabricated by Buddy that is the actual owner and Scott my husband that worked on the layout. We are very pleased with our trailer and had no complaints what so ever of the trailer. We paid $10,100.00 for ours and the same one now that would be a 2008 went up at least $3,000 due to material costs rising and like everything else. I have Wrangler Trailers listed on our links page of our website as well with photo's of the trailer. Our fuel costs went down compared to towing a full sized horse trailer as well with the Wranger its lower and the wind doesn't hit the front of the trailer as bad. It took them 8 weeks to build ours from start to finish.

There has been other trailer company that our friends have put a deposit back in October for theirs and never recieved their trailer or deposit back as promised and is in the process of legal action now to get their money back. I will not name the trailer manufacturer but they have also done some other people wrong as well. If you would want to know who this company is, please e-mail us privately.

We have bought our previous trailers off of the website "Trailer World" and "Equine.com" as well and had a great experience selling our trailers as well from them and LB. This Wrangler trailer is a very nice made trailer, but now we wonder if we should have gotten a BIGGER one, LOL. Their bumper pull trailers are just as nice for something smaller also, we have friends that bought one of those since she drove the truck and felt more comfortable with it than a gooseneck.

[SIZE=12pt]I bought a Wrangler bumper pull from Buddy last October. I love it. He made it to my specifications and it only took about 3 weeks once we decided on a design. It is 12.5 ft long and 6.5 ft high. It's designed with slants and will carry 5 - or 6 if I use the front area. He had to make it a little taller as I wanted drop down windows. It has an aluminum skin and a couple of fans. I'm really happy to put it mildly. I'd recommend Wrangler anytime. Buddy was super to work with. I paid $6,700.[/SIZE]

Barbie

I would also highly recommend Wrangler Trailers. I have a 2006 Gooseneck from them that I love! I bought it before the price increase and got a deal I was tickled by. It is 14x6x6 with roof wrack, drop down windows, ramp, custom graphics, 5 stalls, and the wall between the matted dressing room and the horse stalls swing so 2 more could ride in there if I ever needed to haul more than 5 at a time. It was $10,000 + $1,000 delivery (1,000 miles). Buddy brought it to me himself
default_smile.png

My other trailer is 5x5x8 bumper pull stock type trailer with roof wrack. It can hold 4 minis if need be. It is a 1994 but in excellent shape. I bought it second hand for $1,500 which I think is a really good deal. It's worth way more than that to me to have it around. I'd thought I might sell it when I bought the new one but it is worth more to me than what I'd ask if I sold it.

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20012.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

Mini%20Trailer%20and%20Truck%20--%2001272006%20--%20008.jpg

We just listed our miniature horse trailer - bumper pull that easily holds 10 minis in individual slant-load. It's just too small for us, but a nice trailer all the way around. We listed ours after much research and put it at $4000 to be just under the market in our area.

I just got my Wrangler Trailer about a month ago . It looks like Jill's trailer except mine is a 16 ft bumper pull with a ramp ,tack room , slants in the rear compartment for 3 minis , a front compartment with tie downs for my cart or could hold more horses . It is 6'6 " tall so a full size horse will fit too. I was able to order just what I wanted and it was done within 5 weeks.

Cost was a little over $ 11,000.

I saw a similar Wrangler trailer listed on the classified section of Lil Beginnings last week.

Elizabeth

Buddy from Wrangler is great to deal with fabrication and will help you out designing your trailer for your needs with many options to go with. He is a honest and up front from the start to the finish of building your trailer, this trailer was the best investment we ever made and the nicest trailer we ever bought, we are very happy with how it turned out and would purchase another as well from Buddy.
default_aktion033.gif

WOW! Wow, wow, wow..... I *WISH* we could find a Mini trailer for $1,500.00 in my area!!! We have been wanting to buy/trade/partially trade our full sized trailer for a USED Mini trailer for a couple years to no avail. What we do find is usually too big or holds a lot of Minis. We don't want anything big (only have 2 Minis!) and don't want a new trailer because all we do is drive to the vet or 5 miles to the park for a little trail-driving. Congrats to all of you who found the used SMALL Mini trailers for a great price!!! It's good to know they really *are* out there!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back