Mini trailer dividers...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStar

Reaction score
Ok we are trying to design a set up for dividers in our trailer. We have no idea how far apart they should be or how long. Soooo if you could measure yours I would love to know how far apart they are and length front to back. How small is ok and what have you found is too small? Any input on trailer divider stall input welcome.

Thanks

My partitions are the full width of the trailer, and are 22 inches apart. This seemed pretty narrow, and does LOOK small, yet there is plenty of room for my maxi-mini, who is just a smidge under 38 inches, and tons of room for all the others.

I will try to upload a picture...haven't done it this way before, so please be patient... If this doesn't work, I will put the pictures on photbucket and do it that way.

100_2300.jpg

I didn't put in any dividers in our GN trailer. I installed stud walls, now I can put 2 minis per stall. I have a 3 horse trailer, and with careful planning, I can get about 8 horses in it.

Mine are 24" appart and taller at the front end than the back end. They are 6' long.

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20020.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20021.jpg

Jill, i love your dividers! They are very smart and professional!

What are they made out of? Do they have a cover over them?

Renee

Renee --

they are made of metal, but I'm not smart enough to know what kind (steel maybe? The trailer is aluminum skin with a steel frame). It was made custom for the trailer by Wrangler Trailers
default_yes.gif

Jill

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20087.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info...Anyone else have any measurements? We have a e

2horse trailer and would like to haul 4 minis. I would love to have 24" wide but can't. Jill your trailer is WONDERFUL!! We only have under 34"minis so don't need as much room as the taller ones need.

If anyone has a trailer with mini dividers I would really love to have the dimensions. If you have a 2horse that hauls 4 minis I would love to see pics.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I have a smaller stock style trailer for minis. It is 5' high, 5' wide, and 8' long (the gooseneck is 6' high, 6' wide, and 14' long). The smaller trailer has this divider that makes like a "tack room" but the wall between it and the main part of the trailer swings and that area is about 3' x 5' and can haul 1 large mini with plenty of room. If that wall were taken out, then the trailer could haul 4 minis easily giving each mini a 2' x 5' amount of space. This one was a really good bargain, I think. I paid only $1,500 for it... it is a 1994 but always kept under a roof and is in great shape (my first horse trailer really and I still love it.) In case that helps with how much space, etc., though I'm sure others have different widths they like per horse.

Mini%20Trailer%20and%20Truck%20--%2001272006%20--%20008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my trailer modified this spring, I had wanted to have three small dividers made, but opted for the one stud-wall, and two regular dividers. The stud-wall can be moved forward 20", so I could haul a stallion in front, mare and foal, then two others in the regular 22" stalls. Usually tho", I have the stud-wall back, to give more cart and cargo room, and haul three minis. I also had a removable ramp built as well, as I really don't like a step-up, especially for the minis. I can haul another cart in the living quarters if I have to, or under the gooseneck if it is dismantled...and my show cart fits in front of the gooseneck, behind the cab of the truck.

I lightened the pics so you can see a bit better, and they are all painted grey now, to match the trailer. I also kept all the hardware and panels so it can easily re-convert back to a two horse side-byside, if I decide to sell it, as the resale value is higher as a large horse trailer, than a mini trailer this size.

In my bumper-pull, all I did to convert it was screw some rings on the walls, and hang heavy matting between the horses. It is only be used for local trips, so that works perfectly well.

Hope this helps a bit more.

100_2299.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2302-Copy.jpg

100_2298-Copy.jpg

I just brought home my new 2009 demo trailer. My stall widths are 20 inches pin to pin, which makes it a 19" space between dividers. Just think of it this way. if you horse drives, he has to fit between the shafts of a cart. a space of 24" is VERY wide and horses seem to flop around in that spacing and is wasted space too if you have a little trailer to work with. Length of stall/ divider is safe at either 60" or 72", I like the 72" because the mini can put their head down and not be squished in there. If you need photos of my last 4 years of demo trailers and trailers I have designed, email me at [email protected] and I will send you some pics I have. Just be careful adding dividers, they can either be very dangerous or very safe, so they have to be correctly installed and solidly built. In my new trailer this year, we tried body dividers and these measurements have worked great, with one stud divider up front.

Latest posts

Back