Mini tack (bit) suppliers...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharondoright

Reaction score
I am looking all over for mini bits/headstalls. I would love a rubber egg butt snaffle, as it will be 17 year old Stormy’s first ever bit. Plan is to get her accepting and relaxing in bridle and ground driving through winter, start harness by spring. Also have a 2 year old gelding who has started driving in his old home. Can I share bits... he is fairly smaller than Stormy. Thanks!

I have purchased bits from MiniExpress. Iowa Carriage https://www.ivccarriage.com/ might be your first place to look for the rubber one. If the horses' mouths are the same size, you can share bits. But they don't all like the same kind. My older gelding loves his french link, but the new girl I'm starting didn't' do well with it. I got her a butterfly arch and she is very content with that. Her mouth is also smaller.
I think you will find that switching bridles/bits is a pain. It's easier if each horse has his own.
I am ordering some bridle parts from JSRI Show Equipment. They have some gorgeous leatherwork and I'm looking forward to seeing my new custom browband and throatlatch.

Latest posts

Back