Mini tack (bit) suppliers...

Discussion in 'Driving Miniature Horses' started by Sharondoright, Sep 14, 2019.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Sep 14, 2019 #1

Sharondoright

Sharondoright

Sharondoright

I am looking all over for mini bits/headstalls. I would love a rubber egg butt snaffle, as it will be 17 year old Stormy’s first ever bit. Plan is to get her accepting and relaxing in bridle and ground driving through winter, start harness by spring. Also have a 2 year old gelding who has started driving in his old home. Can I share bits... he is fairly smaller than Stormy. Thanks!

2. Sep 15, 2019 #2

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

I have purchased bits from MiniExpress. Iowa Carriage https://www.ivccarriage.com/ might be your first place to look for the rubber one. If the horses' mouths are the same size, you can share bits. But they don't all like the same kind. My older gelding loves his french link, but the new girl I'm starting didn't' do well with it. I got her a butterfly arch and she is very content with that. Her mouth is also smaller.
    I think you will find that switching bridles/bits is a pain. It's easier if each horse has his own.
    I am ordering some bridle parts from JSRI Show Equipment. They have some gorgeous leatherwork and I'm looking forward to seeing my new custom browband and throatlatch.

Cayuse likes this.
  3. Sep 15, 2019 #3

Cayuse

Cayuse

Cayuse

I second Iowa Valley. They are great to deal with.

Marsha, I just looked up JSRI, they have some gorgeous things!