Mini stallion couldnt pee!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday afternoon my mini (Simon) had come down with some symptoms of colic, he kept laying down and rolling and you could tell he was in distress about something, he also kept making a pee stance with his back legs out, but he couldn't pee, so we figured that probably what was hurting him, he would also bounce his tail up and down, which he never did before. I have previously read about being sure you clean your stallions sheath and to check for beans, so i waited for him to drop his penis, once he did i picked of any smegma around it and checked for beans, I found one the size of a actual bean, after that he didnt lay down once and i checked on him in the morning and he was fine.

I had also read that the symptoms of beans are similar to a mild colic, and that the beans can cause lameness in the hind legs, when we were checking Simon he we had lifted his back legs up to check his feet and both legs joint cracked which also has never happened.

wanted to post this just in case anyone else has a similar problem

Latest posts

Back