Mini mare is possibly pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say free choice. Unless she is super overweight which is not the case, I would not be limiting her hay. Especially as she gets further along she will need more.

Boo is doing very well she is getting bigger by the day. Her bag seems to be filling. How long before foaling will her bag be full?

Boo is doing very well she is getting bigger by the day. Her bag seems to be filling. How long before foaling will her bag be full?

It depends on the mare. Some will be full many days before foaling and some won’t fill till during or even after labor. Those are two extremes that although sometimes happen are quite rare. Best to be prepared for either. That’s why it is so important to pay attention to multiple signs.

It depends on the mare. Some will be full many days before foaling and some won’t fill till during or even after labor. Those are two extremes that although sometimes happen are quite rare. Best to be prepared for either. That’s why it is so important to pay attention to multiple signs.
I hoping she's going to wait awhile because the farthest along she could be is 9 months

Keep taking that picture from behind , it gives us a great indication on how the foal is currently positioned . As her udder continues to fill her nipples will fill and point down. 😊

Latest posts

Back