Mini mare is possibly pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a little snow last night and I came out to feed and let boo bear out in her paddock I turned around and when I looked back at her she had rolled, this is not uncommon because she rolls every night but i have not actually seen her do it (she always is covered in shavings) I have been hoping to catch her laying or rolling but only find her after, the little stinker must not want me to watch her roll, can rolling harm the foal?

I agree, mine roll frequently, especially when there is something new to roll in. Like snow, shavings, or hay. The only way rolling would be an issue is during colic, and that is not the case here.

ok thanks, one of our full size horses loves to roll after being riden, he loves to run buck then roll
All of my animals roll around almost every day, depending on the weather. I wouldn't worry about rolling. If they do it in front of you or at your feet I think they feel comfortable with you :)

If your vet thinks she is a "high risk" pregnancy, I would. Ive only ever had the vet do internal and that was in the first trimester.

At 10 Months you should be able to tell if she's pregnant or not. If you still have contact with the previous owner, ask them if she developed an udder prior to foaling ?

If your vet thinks she is a "high risk" pregnancy, I would. Ive only ever had the vet do internal and that was in the first trimester.

At 10 Months you should be able to tell if she's pregnant or not. If you still have contact with the previous owner, ask them if she developed an udder prior to foaling ?
We have not been in contact with the previous owner since we got her. I think I might feel foal movement sometimes, but can't tell are the foal very active at around 7 months

Some foals are very active and some you can hardly feel. I'm playing the wait and see game with a mare who I could almost never feel the foal with 3 years ago. I feel for you, it's hard. Have you tried feeling in front of her udder when she's eating or drinking? That can get the little one going sometimes.

Some foals are very active and some you can hardly feel. I'm playing the wait and see game with a mare who I could almost never feel the foal with 3 years ago. I feel for you, it's hard. Have you tried feeling in front of her udder when she's eating or drinking? That can get the little one going sometimes.
That is were I usually feel for kicks.

Latest posts

Back