Mini mare is possibly pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you want to give her raspberry leaves? As far as I know it can help if they are 'temperamental' when they are in season. I wouldn't recommend using them if you think she's in foal, I don't know if it would do harm but most of the 'in season mare herbs' say not to feed if in foal, but you can call your vet to check.

I have read that the raspberry leaves are good for mares during pregnancy, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with using them during mare pregnancy.

I agree with everyone to treat her as is, until you know exactly if she's in foal or not. Not a massive fan of the home pregnancy tests. I recommend getting a vet out to test her. Good Luck & I hope shes in foal for you :)

I agree, home pregnancy tests are not ideal. I’m not sure if you’re referring to tests administered by owner rather than vet? Wee foal 120 is extremely accurate and has been a 100% when I’ve used it. I think overall it’s about 97% accurate. In place of an US it is very helpful. But has to be after 120 days to about 300 days. Or you can play the waiting game. I agree though, best to treat her as in foal unless you know.

The first is of the stallion she was hopefully bred to1610506631355~2.jpg. 20210206_142248_HDR.jpg. 20210206_142330_HDR.jpg. 1612653640508_20210206_142230.jpg.My little girl is 36" the previous owner said she was about 6 years old, her name is Boo Bear

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back