Mini Maiden Mare due to foal.....hopefully soon??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, a little holdup.....had really bad weather....power went out for 6 hours. Apparently there was a tornado and winds of 70mph with rain. (used to hurricanes in this area for 20+ years, so nothing bad...lol)...I was in a hurry to turn off the computer before the electricity did it for me!

Got the camera set up inside but not outside. hubby is instructed to do such tomorrow....lol

The link is this.....

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=miniwhinnieranch

It will not be on for tonight until the camera is positioned (hopefully tomorrow am) and then after that, it will be after 9pm tomorrow night when it will be on again.....unless hubby has time to fuss with computer stuff and I instruct him over the phone before he goes to work!!...lol

She is doin fine!....the milk bar might have a smidgen more to it than last post of it, but not anything hopeful for imminent foaling.

I read in a horse magazine that it is researched that the mare holds the colts longer than the filly's......really hoping for a colt....lol....but either way, healthy for both is fine with me!!!!

I read in a horse magazine that it is researched that the mare holds the colts longer than the filly's......really hoping for a colt....lol....but either way, healthy for both is fine with me!!!!
Don't count on that theory... My AQHA mare went almost 365 days with her first foal (like 15 years ago), I was expecting a colt as I had read the same thing; she had a very healthy, but large filly. Then, this year with the minis, 307 days for a healthy colt (second foal of the season).

So Hubby put up the camera. Now it just needs to be connected. It is positioned at a distance for daytime viewing and the other camera will be used for night time viewing closer up but higher from the ground. When I get off and get home (around 9pm my time) I will hook it up for full use (just the distance camera but I dont know how good it will be for night time use).

So, the camera is hooked up. The view....well, nothing. So, I think I will do one camera for day and another for night.

Need 2 people to do the 'a little to the left'.........'a little to the right'....'nope, too far'.....'now a little up'.......'now I just see sky'....lol.....

gotta get the view right...

about the milk bar....some more than last post. but she is taking her time adding groceries to the bar!....lol

hubby gets home about 11pm....gonna pester him to get this thing up.......lol....

Morning
default_saludando.gif
I am here if you need help positioning the cam
default_yes.gif
Can you ask Rick at MS to put a clock on your cam, it makes it easier.
default_biggrin.png

Thank You Eagle!.....your comment posted at 203am my time.....i think??...lol....this is sooo weired.....I have never been on a chat board with people from all over the country!.....FUN!!!....
default_thumbup.gif

The camera in the current position is viewing things 'upside down'.....and that dont really help much!.....Hubby and I will be working on that this AM before I go to work!.....looks like it will be a good view.....but then again, its hard to tell from upside down!

He is also instructed to install the 2nd camera in another location for night time viewing today.....I will have to show him how he will know the view will be right side up without looking at the view on the computer!....lol....I figured that out last night!

We are re-positioning the camera view so that is why the feed is turned off for now. it will be directly on the pasture only and not facing the shelter. This camera is for day view only. the other will be for night view and will be positioned either tonight or tomorrow.....

The white horse with her is Buddy. She needs company or it will drive her insane....The other 2 are being moved to another pasture so as to not be a pest to her.

It 'should' be up.....or at least it was when I left the house at 10:45 AM. The day camera is set up so that it views the whole paddock but not the shelter. Most likely you will need to adjust the size of YOUR view on your screen (that sliding bar above the feed) to get a better picture as the camera is a farther distance than average to get the whole paddock in view.

Sadly I can not view it on my phone....(blackberry)....

and the other 2 in the pasture are still there....so total of 4 in the pasture....

(remember, just the brown/white needs extra eyes!)

Thank you Castle Rock!.....Beautiful, yes!.....Hot??....scorching.....it was about 95ish during mid day and then add the humidity on that too!

Camera back up again for daytime!

Lovely views of your beautiful paddock - no minis in sight at all. LOL!! But I'm watching in hope!
default_yes.gif

Thank you Anna!...They somtimes like to go inside the shelter which is out of view to the left of the image. Right now, they are on the right side on the image......finding random strands of hay that they missed while eating breakfast this AM. I am going to re-mount that camera in a different location so it has a closer view of the whole paddock.....

Ah Ha!! just spotted two of them in the distance! Well I think I saw two separate tails swishing and one head shaking, so, unless you have a very strange animal in your paddock, I'm voting for two minis! LOL!!

I dont get to watch often b/c my computer is still freezing but only when a video is showing....sorry. But I am able to see your pasture now....and yes Houston...we have made contact...I do believe that i see a small horse in the distance. What a beautiful pasture you have...and those trees ....I would be out there on a big ole swing everyday!! just beautiful!! Where did you end up getting your camera? Its really a nice view and very clear. I want to put one for out side....only my pasture will be somewhat uglier than your!! LOL

hows your little girl doing anyway?

This bird watching is great fun and good job cos there isn't a mini in sight
default_new_rofl.gif

I got the cameras from Harbor Freight. It is the slightly more expensive one (color vision for day, black and white for night). It only has 1 wire coming from the camera so it can be 80 feet+ from a power source. The 80ft cord that is with each camera has the power source on the end that hooks to the Dazzle. Very smart for that setup!

Found out that the best distance for night setup is NO MORE than 100ft from a light source. The other one is still in the works....sadly...lol...takes 2 people to do the 'little more to the left"....ordeal....lol...cant do much on my phone's tiny screen...lol

The current view doesnt have the 'shelter' in sight but that is to the left of the screen. They probably spend plenty of time there during the humid part of the day....but I dont know because I cant see it with my phone nor work computers!!!!... :arg!

Mama to be is doin well! Not much difference with her milk bar. same as last post of it. there IS a baby in there
default_biggrin.png
.....my friend came over for 4th of July gathering and she said she saw 'movement' of baby.....I guess you have to 'carry' one to know what to look/watch for.....lol.... need to take more pics....will try tomorrow.....or saturday....

Thanks for the update
default_thumbup.gif
If you need help positioning the other cam just let me know the time and I will help, I always help Cassie from Australia, it takes a few minutes cos I send her text messages of how to move the cam but it works
default_yes.gif

Check out this cool video of one of Amanda's foal's kicking, it might help you know where to look.
default_smile.png

Great video Renee!!

I'm having trouble getting the night time cam to work - daytime it is perfect, but night time I keep getting 'stream not found'. Anyone else having trouble?

Looking forward to the updated pictures.
default_yes.gif

ok......an update. no baby yet. Pic is attached. Still not able to get milk.

Having trouble getting longer cord for camera to see at 'night'. It doesnt work with what I bought so I might just say heck with the longer cable and mover her at night to somewhere else that can be seen closer. Only have 80 ft to play with and the pen is 100 ft from the house.....go figure...lol.

THEN have electrical problems....one problem after another...lol.

So, my question is....should I take her to a different vet to get her ultrasounded again to make sure she is 'ok'?

Since she has gone this far, she should be past 11 months (the 4th of July) IF she was bred the last few days she was with the stallion (August 1-4 of 2011).

How many have maidens that go MORE than 11 months?

Have some gone a year?.....that would be a REALLY BIG baby for a maiden!

to the vet?...or wait it out??

I will have camera on today but we are expecting rain this next week and I am not so fond of having the computer ON during storms.....

IMG-20120709-00160.jpg

Latest posts

Back