Mini Laying Down

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New to Mini;s

Reaction score
Hello,

I just acquired my first Mini's. The person i bought them from had to repo them for neglect. The gelding foundered summer of 2018 so i have been closely watching his grazing time. The mare is my concern today, she has been laying on her side a lot (I'm not used to seeing this with my full size horses). She gets up easily when approached and appears to be eating and drinking. Is it normal for mini's to lay like this often? Im hoping this is just a mini horse characteristic and not something of great concern.

She maybe just resting . If she was getting up and down and rolling, pacing , looking uncomfortable , Id be getting the vet.

It could also be that your mini just likes to chill in the sunshine :)

My minis tend to lie down and stretch out more than my full-size horses; I don't know if they are more content or if with their smaller bodies it's easier for them to do (full-size horses and their weight, laying down puts a lot of pressure on their organs, so they don't seem to do it as often or as long as the minis).

My minis tend to lie down and stretch out more than my full-size horses; I don't know if they are more content or if with their smaller bodies it's easier for them to do (full-size horses and their weight, laying down puts a lot of pressure on their organs, so they don't seem to do it as often or as long as the minis).
My two mini's lay down out in the sun, and they both like to roll around in the dirt.

Here is my gelding, I just put pea gravel down, so he had to give it the thumbs up.
He cant stand being white,
20180910_151453.jpg

Latest posts

Back