Mini horses at State Fairs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zarah

Reaction score
HI all, I’m new here but have been looking at mini horses online as I live in the city and cannot have one.

I did see where Monroe County fair is having 4H members present their miniature horses at the fair in 2019.

Do fairs in your area have this event or have I just not heard about fairs having them? I know the fairs around here are rides and some shows, but I don’t remember any 4H stuff happening.

How is it where you are? Is this normal for a country fair?

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20181125/mini-horse-showing-slated-at-2019-county-fair

Last edited:
Many county fairs have 4-H events, but not all will have mini specific events.

Our Florida State Fair has a lot of different horse breed shows. Sometimes this includes miniature horses. The main places you will find 4-H kids showing their animals(cows, goats, pigs, chickens,etc) are county fairs.

Thanks everyone. I believe there is a county fair that still has animals and home ec stuff over a couple of counties. Neat to know that the FL State Fair has one. Is Okeechobee near somewhere like Tampa or maybe further South like Naples area?

I’m up in North 1/3 of Alabama.

I think I need to call Prattville and see if they ever have mini horses in their horse arena ‘shows’.

That's interesting about Australia where not all fairs have horse events. That seems to be what Zarah is seeing in her immediate area. @Zarah, welcome to the forum.

I think it is mostly to do with a combination Public Liability & horse owners preferring to take their horses to dedicated "horse events".

Welcome to the Forum Zarah

Back