Mini Friesians?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friesepferd

Reaction score
My parents raised Frisians and I absolultely loved them
default_wub.png
. Does anyone have minis that have that kind of a look?

I would also love to see pics of any other heavier set minis. I know the arab look is popular now (which i also like a lot), but I want to see some of your thicker little guys!

Hi,

I do have one mare look like Mini Friesians..
default_wub.png

4%20005.jpg

1%20024.jpg

1%20023.jpg

Coco is super sweet and loving mare and about 35 1/2" tall.

Pros.jpg

This is my guy who is on the heavier side ...and i think he looks great !!
default_wub.png

great thread..love the photos..any mini clydes out there?

My husband really doesn't like the horses but he did say he would love to have a mini Clyde.

default_saludando.gif
Could you amagine how much a clydesdale miniature would be worth and it would be so cute
default_new_shocked.gif

default_saludando.gif
This is my friends clydesdale he is just over 19hh and is only 3 yr old how cute would that be as a miniature

fbcayx.jpg

If you are looking for some nice draft type shetlands (even miniature) you could look for some ponies registered with the Shetland Pony Studbook Society (Great Britain). In Europe are these heavier miniature horses quite common. We have got a few, too. They look and they are like little draft horses. They wants to work.

Here are some Clydesdale ponies... NICE ones. They are, however, not mini size. They are hackney pony crosses.
Windermere Farms Clyde Ponies

I have always loved their little Bam Bam.

Andrea

Andrea,

I had NO idea such a thing even existed!
default_new_shocked.gif
Thank you for posting that link. I am a huge fan of the traditional draft breeds (my riding horse was a palomino belgian) so seeing some draft style equines in smaller sizes is very interesting to me.

Thanks again!

Yep
default_smile.png
I want a mini version of this!
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
This is my friends clydesdale he is just over 19hh and is only 3 yr old how cute would that be as a miniature
fbcayx.jpg

Gorgeous! That's crazy...He's HUGE! How are his joints etc. being that big at such a young age? Hope he doesn't grow too much more...(don't drafts keep growing until 5+?). That's a ton of growing he did in a very short time
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We always called this guy our Mini Friesian. Not very good photo's, as he had just returned from a lease and was WAY overweight and they were taken with my camera phone. But, everytime we'd take him to an Open show, all the Friesian people would always like him. ~Jen~

Owsley Fork Call Me. Mr. Victory

ted.jpg

tedd.jpg

Latest posts

Back