Mini Fetus Development Webpage- still used for reference?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
I'm thinking about scrapping my website or downgrading to a free one. I'm not breeding horses anymore, so the purpose of the website is not fully needed anymore. I do have some educational pages on there also, one of which is the Mini Fetus Development page. I wanted to see if folks still use it for reference and if anyone else would be interested in taking on the photos/info on their website. I'm happy to hand over the information, instead of losing it all if someone else is interested in taking over.

If this isn't the appropriate place to ask/post this moderators, please let me know!

Kim, I'm pretty sure people still refer to those pages. You might check with the mare stare forum and see if someone wants to take them over; they really shouldn't be lost, they are valuable asset to anyone breeding minis.

I am another one who would hate to see them lost. I would be willing to ask my hubby (our webmaster) about putting them on our website where we have other educational info about minis but there might be a better place. I know Reflections (Charlotte Lupton) has a lot of educational material on their website and of course so does Stars Miniatures. You might do a search on "equine (or miniature horse) fetal development" and see if there are other appropriate websites that come up. Just some ideas, but please don't just scrap them!!! I am pretty sure I can talk hubby into it if you don't find a better place.

I use them too and tell newbies about it too

default_smile.png

Well apparently my first post disappeared. But I go back to all that info all the time. And hate to see it lost.

That said I have problems of room on my site and can transfer it to mine. Wouldn't be any problem at all.

I refer to it also. It has great value. I would also love to post this info on my website. Or at least know where the info gets republished to so it can be referred to there.

I would love to put it on my page too. I did the LB foal count for many years on my site and I love having info there to help people.

Is it ok if I share it all on my site?

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, have utilized that info. I would love to SHARE it in my info pages. I found your info just fascinating from a learning stand point. I like that.

I have larger Shetland ponies and was in shock when I found out how many issues some of the smaller minis can have during foaling. It was a GREAT learning experience to have your site to study and learn from and after almost 20 years of breeding Shetlands and Shetland crosses, I had some issues for the first time in 2013.

Thanks everyone for your willingness to take over the information! I am still looking into options for my website. I will be in touch with those of you who volunteered your website for the info!

That was my thought too, to share it here on the LB info pages. But to save it, I'd love putting it on a page to share with everyone, with credit to Kim.
default_smile.png

I would be willing to put on our site which is pretty active if Lauren will agree, which I imagine she will. I have forwarded the info to her. I actually had not seen it before, but your work can't be lost.

I agree with all those who wanted to share it, Kim. You did such a great job.
default_smile.png

Susan O.

I would love to add it to my site. I have gone there for reference many times! Excellent page! Let me know!

Yes- even after all these years, I still double check on it.
default_smile.png
)

I was just on your site the other day looking and comparing the various sizes.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back