Mini Bosal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FurstPlaceMiniatures

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the bosal from Ozark? Would you reccomend it? Looking for a good bit less option for some very very wee lead liners. Any other reccomendations? Needs to be stylish as we show breed shows!

I have always liked a bosal, and when I bred Peruvian Pasos, you put a bosal under the full bridle to "finish" the look.

Sounds like a nice idea for a mini, although I've never tried it with a mini. But it would certainly allow for teeth eruption, without causing any mouth problems, or pain.

Interested to see what others say.

I'm not concerned about teeth but more so about the not so fine motor skills of the wee ones! A sharp jab with a bosal still isn't fun, but it beats a sharp jab from a bit. I've always liked them on big horses.

My stud lovessss his leadliners (supervised of course, and his purpose in life is not to be a kids horse, but my show horse that can pack around an odd leadliner or two), as my gelding I just cannot possibly trust around kids, even supervised. We got the cutest little ranch saddle with an 8" seat, but still don't have a headstall. Any input on a bit less for a 32" mini is appreciated!

Just attach the reins to the side squares on a field halter- it gives the child something to hold onto and it would even allow them to "rein" if the Mini were willing. I never had bits on any of my lead rein ponies- not even the bigger ones, until I was completely certain of the child's hands.

Latest posts

Back