Mini adoption/auction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie21467

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a quick update. The good news is that all the minis (including one mini donkey) were adopted today! Hopefully they all went to good homes. I do have pictures I will try to post later, or email them to Kay to post if I can't figure out how LOL. I also kept up with the prices, age, sex, description, etc of most of the horses (I only missed one or two) A couple of the little studs went for only the opening bid, but all the mares went for more. The horses were in decent shape, thanks to a month of good food and vet care.

CMHR flyers and information was handed out and I had people come up and talk to me all day. The shelter director was impressed with the organization and wants more info to keep on file! I have also suggested attempting to get minis classified as exotic animals instead of livestock. That way they would not have to be auctioned and could be individually adopted. Right now regulations state all "livestock" must be auctioned.

We almost came home with the mini donkey, but a late bidder came and asked about him. The director and I spoke and after reviewing their application and talking to them, it was decided to let the person bid on the donkey. i don't think the other bidders knew it was even happening.

I also gave out info to one of the local TV stations and they are supposed to air the info with the story they are doing on the auction! So, I think we had a good day. I thank Kay and Ginny and the BOD for allowing me to go and represent this wonderful organization.

Angie

Angie i cannot express how much it means to us that you took this bull by the horns and jumped in!!!
worshippy.gif
mine and ginnys parts were easy compared to all the work you went to for these horses. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

email me the pics and ill post them!

I tell you people that this Angie came and really stepped up to the plate to help these rescued minis. She spent over a week planing with Kay and me as how to approach this auction and the people in charge of it. She spent her whole Saturday there with her children watching, waiting and ready to jump into action if any of the minis on auction were not wanted. She passed out CMHR info talked to many people, including the officials of the auction and the local press.

She is a wonder woman and oh so very much appreciated by all of us here at CMHR. Thank you Angie, you ROCK!!

Ginny

WOW ANGIE you are terrific!!!! I am just now getting caught up on all of this and this sounds like good news. THANK YOU ANGIE!

Awww shucks you guys, I'm blushing lol. I am just glad I was able to go and help spread the word about CMHR. I wish there was more I could have done.

Kay, I emailed you a few pictures, did you get them? Sorry there were so few, but some of them were just to dark to make out anything.

I did hear from someone who bought a stallion and transported two horses for someone else. She told me the mini she got was very thin, but otherwise doing good. However the news is not so good for the other two.

Here is part of the email:

The first was a yearling colt, extremely skinny, bad hooves, and may have foundered before or has something very wrong with his front legs. You could tell in his struggle to be lead to the barn that he was hurting. There second was a mare in foal, an impulse buy is what she told me, well the only weight on that horse was the baby. When we got her into the barn, the mare collapsed and needed assistance getting back to her feet. When I rubbed my hand across her stomach I could practically tell you where the legs where on the baby. Her teets where pointing straight down, but she had no milk. I told the lady to get her vet over as soon as possible, but I don't think that mare can survive labor. I also had to tell the lady to take out 3/4 of the feed she put for them, it was way too much too soon. I gave her my email address and told her to get on lilbeginings.com to get educated fast!!!

I certainly hope the lady will follow through with this advice. Please keep all of these horses in your prayers, for some of them the worst may still be yet to come.

Angie

Oh, Lauralee, I just looked at your website and am absolutely in love with Lauralees Chiefs Orion Amethyst
worshippy.gif
She is beautiful, and named after my birthstone
yes.gif
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That has been my greatest fear, that they may wind up worse off than they were. I think a lot of them were probably impulse buys and when the new owners find out how much in Vet Bills it will cost they may change their minds. Then where do they wind up??? Hopefully some may remember Angie and her work for CMHR and give us a call. We can only hope.

Ginny

Hi All

Newbie Here

I learned about the auction through Angie and we purchased a colt there on saturday. I am the person she spoke of concerning other mini's I transported. Angie asked if I would post pictures of the colt we picked up. We named him Mickey Blue Eyes, he is in fair condition, just needs some weight and a good clipping. He is lice free and rain rott free and his hooves are in better condition then others I saw. He seems to have had some handling as he lets me touch him allover, yet still wary of my touching his face. He leads well, though a little stubborn, but with my patients we will get over that. If anyone can help me with sizing the pics I would appreciate it. Here are some head shots and shots of his markings, I hope to get full body shots this weekend.

136088518IzOdDq_th.jpg

136089319GTSWmx_th.jpg

136090298HUBAhh_th.jpg

Welcome Sara, Looks like you may have a winner there. Thank you so much for giving this little guy a new home where he will be loved and cared for.

Ginny

Latest posts

Back