MILK! MILK! MILK! MILK! MILK! MILK! MILK!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! THE MILK IS COMING THE MILK IS COMING!!!!!

As I was putting the horses up tonite, Holly was in front of me and as she swished her tail, I thought I saw a little "something" under those hind legs. That was not there yestarday.

I tied her up in her stall and OH HOW COOL, she is developing the cutest little bag of baby formula since Soy Based Simalac! Jumping for joy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Alas, there just had to be a problem.....seems that Holly no longer wants me to be touching her faucets and is hiking her leg at me in a threatening manner. Yup, she just began that tonite. Didn't throw a kick....but oh man, it was most definately on her mind. Goosey little thing.

But I flat put it to her and said there was NO WAY that she was going to even think about not feeding Fetus from the spickets.

Now I know I know this can mean days, or weeks still to wait, but I'm on it!!

I know it's been 20 years since I had a foal, but it's all coming back to me like clockwork now. I know what to look for in the bag and the little drops of wax etc. and I'm ready for Fetus like you cannot imagine!

Change in weekend plans: Tie Holly up and play with the newly filling up spickets until she relaxes and is ok with it again.

That's ok! That's my Yob Ma'n !!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
HEY MARTY........GOT MILK?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL You're funny! Guess you are gonna have company soon. Yippee!! Yahoo!!

You are going to have to pick a name soon. I can see you now when she goes in labor! Are you going to tape record it if possible?

God bless and good luck

Fran

Marty,

Sometimes a change like that (her not wanting to be touched) is "the impending sign" - better write it down so that next time you have a little history. But then again, she may just be afraid that you are going to run your camera up there again and she is obviously DONE with that!

Good luck - good be soon now!

Stac

hum..........marty, when you had your kids, did you not get sore when you started getting milk in? Same with horses. When they start getting in milk, they get sore and tender.

Tie Holly up and play with the newly filling up spickets until she relaxes and is ok with it again
Cool!
aktion033.gif

Just don't get carried away. Me being a neat freak, years ago I washed my first broodmares udder every day with a wet cloth so it would be nice & clean for baby.. I stimulated her udder so much that she dripped colostrum for days before the foal was born.... I still say the 25th.............................Yes capall, she has written one book, I know because I have it. She is also great at writing poems. She has written several for people here on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Marty!! I will still stick with the 26th of this month. I can noit wait to read your post when Fetus arrives!

You folks in Tenn. better be ready......

When that foal appears there WILL BE Fireworks on the Mountain!!!!
new_shocked.gif

You have us all on pins and needles...[SIZE=14pt]GO HOLLY!!![/SIZE]

new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

My wife got quite a growl on because of breast senseativity when she was in that situation.(funny cows never seemed to object) I now wonder if the mare is closer to being like a cow or a woman ??

Yeah for milk
aktion033.gif
I'm going to pick the 17th at 11:07 a.m. because that's my own birthdate and time.

Good luck, Marty and Fetus. I'm sure you'll both come through this experience with flying colors!

Robin C

justaboutgeese said:
My wife got quite a growl on because of breast senseativity when she was in that situation.(funny cows never seemed to object) I now wonder if the mare is closer to being like a cow or a woman ??
442262[/snapback]

You haven't been around our cows. We raise beef cattle and some are mighty sore around there shortly after birth. I've seen many calves sent butt over teakettle when they've gotten a little aggressive with the spigots. Usually just the maiden cows are that way, but we have a couple cows that aren't exactly accommodating for a day or so.

We are all sitting here with our hands open ready to catch the new one.

Looking forward to those pictures that are REAL soon.

Tommy

Have you read my post about my mare with milk since the end of May?

I almost didn't post that because I didn't want to discourage you.

But I wanted you to know that your Holly is much more rounded and looks closer than my girl. Good luck!

capall beag said:
I gotta tell you, You are very funny!!!!Do you write books?

If not, you should start soon!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

442242[/snapback]

Oh my yes...Marty has written at least 3 books that I know of. She certainly has a "flair" for writing, and every one of her books will have you giggling out loud!
yes.gif

I can see a new book a comin' soon....as told by "Fetus", "There's LIGHT at the end of that tunnel!". Or, how about "I don't wanna...and you can't make me!"
laugh.gif
wink.gif

OH wouldn't that be a hoot if her next book was written by Festus son of Dirty Holly
new_shocked.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
running really fast as that wasn't a typo
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Marty,

You are all backwards here girl!!!! If you keep turning the faucets on and off, Holly will get sore and THEN maybe she won't let little Chester.

We had to tie Frankie, front and back end to get milk from her when Prints wasn't nursing and she STILL found a way to hurt us. BUT she was more than willing to let Prints try, time after time again.

Last year Kandi wouldn't let us within 10 feet of her milk bar, but let baby, no problem.

Give her a chance, don't aggravate her. She make think you are a meany after all and then she'll protect little Chester from you!!!!!

Glad we have progress!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can leave those teats alone I'd say. I certainly didn't want somebody pulling on mine before my little ones arrived, but I was happy to feed my babies when they got here. Call it maternal nurturing. And I'm sure Holly will have it too. After you've posted Holly's poor little dried up boobies in cyberspace, she decided it was time to show you what she could do. Go, Holly! Let's see those double D's!

Have fun, Marty. This anticipation is the BEST! Although very exhausting! I'm getting excited with you!

Latest posts

Back