migrains

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Anybody have any natural tips on helping reduce them? I am currently 4 months pregnant and the last 2-3 week have had little give. Finally last night after day three of the current one I got a prescript to help. It's not totally gone as I only took two doses of the med being it's a narcotic and I'm not thrilled on that. It's down to a manageable/bearable pain level and would like to keep the future that way.

A FB friend recently commented that she had a migraine, and tried something new this time. She rubbed spearmint and peppermint essential oils on her temples, forehead and back of her neck, and that her migraine is mostly gone afterwards. Sounds like it would likely be safe to try.

i agree with Chanda, i have also heard through a friend that this works for him.

Also try Ginger, the root made into a hot drink/tea is also good.

Hope it helps
default_smile.png

I ended up going to the ER for this issue. I was not thrilled with the meds they gave me after researching them. Went for follow up appointment last week. Turns out there isnt anything I can really take other then the ER med which I refuse. Looks like all further migraines will be suffered through if the tylenol, caffeine and Tylenol pm don't work.

turmeric is a good anti-inflammatory and pain reducer... I get migraines but they are associated with something else going on with my body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very limited on what I can take in. Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed

Ashley, do a little research on the internet about pressure points on the body to relieve headache pain. You can apply the pressure by yourself, you do not necessarily need a helper. I had extreme migraines for many years and I know it is so hard to keep going during the day when sleep and a dark room is what you need. I would use ice packs on the back of my neck and on my forehead at times. Hope you will feel better soon, migraines are a real bummer.

herbs are not safe for the most part. many can cause contractions. I did have a boss that was pretty understanding if and when I needed to leave (she had a friend with the same issue and has had kids so gets it). However the one that is taking over is as understanding.

Latest posts

Back