Mighty Minis in Tandem....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gee...I was thinking Kody was just under 34"! Hey...all to the better--Dan actually measures shorter with his feet done too...perfect match(well except for color!)

And you're gonna have to explain the drop off of Elvis to his owners...
biggrin.gif
course then again they'd love to have him go to a CDE home anyway.

Dan is supposed to be a chestnut sabino. He just got an overdose of the sabino roaning without a bunch of pink skin! The lavender would be partly a product of washing him in the Quic Silver.
laugh.gif

And wreck the ring....nah, I think they would go very well together actually!

WoW I am quite impressed -- congratulations!

that is fantastic!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Well gee...I was thinking Kody was just under 34"! Hey...all to the better--Dan actually measures shorter with his feet done too...perfect match(well except for color!)
Dan is supposed to be a chestnut sabino. He just got an overdose of the sabino roaning without a bunch of pink skin! The lavender would be partly a product of washing him in the Quic Silver. 

And wreck the ring....nah, I think they would go very well together actually!
Sorry everyone, I know this should be a PM but my box is full.

Technically, Kody and Dan are even the same color! LOL. Only Kody is a minimal sabino with only the roaned facial white and white hairs everywhere while Dan is (as you said)... lavender.
laugh.gif

I believe Kody may be destined to be a singles horse, but if I could ever find a mini to match him in personality he'd make half of a once in a lifetime hazard pair for someone who wanted to drive heck-bent for leather. That little guy is so catty and smart it's like driving a Ferrari. In dressage he could go with just about anyone, but find him another aggressive, agile horse who is willing to not only keep up with him but challenge him and you'd have an advanced level competition team on your hands. I, of course, would never be able to devote enough time to a team to make it happen. I can't even keep poor Kody in shape! But give him to someone like you and he'd go far. I've never had a horse with this "eventer's attitude" as I've taken to calling it, and it takes some getting used to.

He's aggressive, very black-and-white about what's acceptable and what's not, definitely not a cuddle-bug and has all sorts of quirks in the barn but put him in harness and he's brave, focused, and will go through heck or high water if you point him at it. Out of harness he'll do anything...IF you can convince him he should! He loves jumping, but knocking down jumps on purpose with the lead line is just as much fun. Why should he trot beside me when it's so much more fun to run in front of me? He won't pivot or sidepass without biting if you ask him formally, but he'll do the same manuevers perfectly to get through a gate or get positioned during grooming. He's just...Kody. Enough said. LOL

I think Dan is probably a lot sweeter. He strikes me from pictures as probably having that open, innocent, "What's next, Mom? What do you want me to do?" attitude. Kody'd either learn from him or eat him alive, I'm not sure which! LOL.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I always enjoy your driving pictures!!! Hope we can find a show that's close to both of us one of these days - thanks for sharing!

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back