Mighty Minis CDE in Madera, CA....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHGal

Reaction score
Hi there,

Figured I would remind everyone that Mighty Minis is coming up! It is a two day CDE--first day, dressage and cones, second day, marathon, and is a very fun and easy-going show!!

For those of you who might be interested in showing or attending this show, you can email Renee True([email protected]) for the directions and/or premium list.

Because of the date change and location change(used to be Oct and Bakersfield, CA), I know a lot of 'regular' drivers can not be there...so looking for new ones too! Believe me, this show is a perfect one to begin driving CDEs at--or to just test the waters and see if you like it!

The area it is going to be held at is the Whiffletree Ranch, which is a very nice driving facility--it already hosts the Mini Spring Fling in March--with a flat, well groomed dressage ring and good trails and obstacles.

This is the first CDE I ever went to, and the ONLY all-mini CDE in all of the US. Its lots of fun, no pressure....and I'll be driving a mini tandem too!

For those of you who don't know what a CDE is/looks like, I invite you to come and see(and volunteering is a blast). Or come and compete; it is under ADS rules.

MiniHGal said:
This is the first CDE I ever went to, and the ONLY all-mini CDE in all of the US.  Its lots of fun, no pressure....and I'll be driving a mini tandem too!
Well, maybe the only ADS-sanctioned one so far! Happ's has their VSE schooling CDE in September each year and next year are hoping to make it an official ADS event. You won't be the only one for long! Happ's is a two-day driving trial kinda thing from what I understand so maybe that doesn't count though.
wink.gif
Great place for us NORTHERN members to volunteer as well.

Which horses will you be driving tandem? Dan and Fascination? Man, I can picture driving a tandem like that but not doing a dressage test or (worse) marathon!
blink.gif
You're braver than I am.
smile.gif
Best of luck and looking forward to pictures!

Leia

Wish i could be there.. but as always you know I will be asking for pics of everyone and the hazards and of course bingo and his kids
biggrin.gif

Too far to come for me, but I am starting my over mare in harness and hope to be participating in some of the Happ's events this year! I can't wait! Her cart should arrive toward the end of this week, beginning of next. I will be studying with Lisa and Don Eckhart this year, so hope to be competitive in 2006! WAHOO!!!! It has been a long time since I had as much fun as bombing around the cones at the Driving Training Center! CDEs are where my heart is!
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
yes.gif

Yeah, ADS sanctioned...I didn't know Happs was going to get it rec. next year!! Very cool!

Well, maybe the only ADS-sanctioned one so far! Happ's has their VSE schooling CDE in September each year and next year are hoping to make it an official ADS event. You won't be the only one for long! Happ's is a two-day driving trial kinda thing from what I understand so maybe that doesn't count though. wink.gif Great place for us NORTHERN members to volunteer as well.
Which horses will you be driving tandem? Dan and Fascination? Man, I can picture driving a tandem like that but not doing a dressage test or (worse) marathon! blink.gif You're braver than I am. smile.gif Best of luck and looking forward to pictures!
Nope...Fascination and a friend's horse, Elvis. He is an appy, LOL...but matches a lot better than Dan. Yeah, it'll be scary..
new_shocked.gif

And Lisa, don't know if they'll be there--I think it might be too far(usually travel back and forth). ClickMini, looking forward to pictures--I know you are going to have too much fun with CDEs.
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
They took a vote with last year's VSE competitors to see if they should get it recognized this year, and everyone said "no" because they liked being able to try prelim and still compete training, etc. So they said they'd make it a schooling event for one more year, then upgrade it. Should be fun!

I'm beginning to feel REALLY guilty for not having posted my Happ's results and pictures yet. I went, really I did!

Leia

Hello!

yes.gif
My friends and I hope to go for the first time this year. Just to watch this year! Renee sent me the premium list a few weeks ago and I was very happy to see that it has moved to Whiffletree Ranch, which is much closer to where we live. Looking forward to meeting you and the others!

MiniHGal said:
Hi there,
Figured I would remind everyone that Mighty Minis is coming up!  It is a two day CDE--first day, dressage and cones, second day, marathon, and is a very fun and easy-going show!!

For those of you who might be interested in showing or attending this show, you can email Renee True([email protected]) for the directions and/or premium list.

[...]

For those of you who don't know what a CDE is/looks like, I invite you to come and see(and volunteering is a blast).  Or come and compete; it is under ADS rules.

422371[/snapback]

I plan to be there. I need to contact Marie or Rene to see what I can do to help since I am light years away from competing.

For those that would like to know more about miniature horse combined driving events Rene and Doug True (see email address above) have put together a great "Introduction to Miniature Horse Combined Driving Events" video. It is 23 minutes and features MiniHGal in several of the segments. I know it was a big help for me to understand.

Hope to see some of you there.

That is a great video!

I just signed up to audit a Tom Shives Intro to CDE clinic, coming up the 30-31 July! Exciting stuff!!!
aktion033.gif

Hey, Neil, can't wait to see you there!! And Rodeo, be sure to come up and say hi! I'll be the young one with the tandem and walking the hazards on Sat a zillion times(ok not really, but a lot).

I've heard good things about Tom Shives--sounds fun!
biggrin.gif

Anyone else??
new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy- You'll learn more by auditing that clinic than you would have driving it! Not that Tom doesn't teach you a lot in your lessons, but I've finally figured out that you get a whole lot more from listening to his comments on every single other horse.
yes.gif
If I had it to do over, I would have audited first and then driven at the next one.

Looking forward to pictures and stories from all Mighty Minis attendees!

Leia

Wow!!! Is it that time again? I remember last year's...seems like it ws only yesterday! Hope yoll have fun...and please take lots of pics to share, especially for those of us on the opposite coast that can't get out there!

Latest posts

Back