midnight star stables: my name is Midnight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
yes.gif
yes.gif
Hello

i just wanted to show you all Midnight, starter of my farm & love 4 minis!

he does it all: tricks, drives, jumps, baby safe, kid rides & lots of other neat stuff!

i'm gonna show him this year.... so i have to reg him.... so i need some names!!!

midnight must be in it

he is my pride.... so sumthing like that

oh 1 more thing, he 21 (or 26)...

how does he look?!?

no really, here are sum pic i took 2 weeks or less, i used them in a project 4 school (U CAN TELL HE'S NOT CLIPED IT THE DRIVING PICS)

Picture8.jpg

his cute face

Picture7.jpg

2nd face pic

midrearing.jpg

his rearing trick

usbycar.jpg

us by car

Picture14.jpg

close up of midnight standing good

jogin.jpg

Midnight jogging

drive.jpg

driving 1

drivin.jpg

driving 2

Picture6.jpg

midnight saying bye bye

thanks Desiree Wallace

from Midnight Star Mini Horse Stables
wub.gif
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Where are you going to register him ? The registries are closed except for world class. You can only hardship in AMHA now. How tall is he? He looks to be in very good health for a horse somewhere between 21 and 26.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Would you really want to hardship a 26 year old for 600 dollars? He is a gorgeous boy, but that sure is a lot of money to show a horse that old.

yes hardship & hes stallion so i think its $1200?

he is 35" tall

yes its really expencive but i want to show & breed him... & i want a 1 reg foal from him, i love him so much.... like i said, he started me in minis

des

Sorry Desiree, AMHA requires the horse to be under 34 inches. The amhr registry with the B division where he belongs is closed. You cant register him at all except with WC. That is only 75 dollars. They only have 1 show a year in NC.

Lyn

midnight star stables said:
yes hardship & hes stallion so i think its $1200?
he is 35" tall

yes its really expencive but i want to show & breed him... & i want a 1 reg foal from him, i love him so much.... like i said, he started me in minis

des

417300[/snapback]

If he is 35'' the only registry that would be able to register him is the AMHR and they are closed for hardshiping!! It is not posible to hardship any more B sized minis unless the AMHR opens harshipping back up! So sorry that you can not register him! i do relize there are other registry's out there but the main ones is out of the question!!

-Gage-

Oh sorry Lyn, I was typing at the same time you were! Didnt see you posted!

well i now see i will not be show nationals, but in ontario, as i am sure other places, there are smaller local show that i can show in, & they only need one reg set of papers... so now wc is what i'm going to do... but i still need a reg name.... barn name is midnight... but i don't know what to include in a reg one
wacko.gif

sadly parents are unknown

thx des

Desiree, he looks wonderful! Do you have a farm name or prefix you want to use? That would help with name suggestions (and you should reserve it with AMHR and AMHA if you're a member for future babies).

How about ___ ____ Midnight Trickster?

I would get him into WC for sure--and--correct me if I'm wrong, but if she breeds him to a registered Shetland or AMHR miniature, couldn't she register the resulting foal into AMHR's new Show Pony Registry?

He's very lucky to have you and looks great for an aged stallion. World Class will get you out to have fun showing him. Do you have a farm name? The name that comes to my mind seeing as he was your first is: It All Began At Midnight

my stable name is midnight star stables.... named after midnight's barn name...so i guess that doesn't help

i was thinking somthing like Midnight pride, orMy midnight Dream/Dreamer????

i don't know about the breeding thing, but it would be great if i could!

thanks agian

desiree

If you are the one who taught him all he knows, I am sure you will be very successful with your minis! Good luck with your plans, and thanks for sharing the pictures of that talented Midnight dream. How about Midnight's Dream Romance, Midnight's Proud Dream, Midnight Wishing Star...

Marsha

oh thank you i really like Midnight's Proud Dream, i will soon be sending his reg paper, so thanks!

yes i am the only 'trainer', if you will that midnight has ever had & i am very proud, my dad taught me a little on driving but basicly all me. (me being a glory hog!) no really i just love this guy so much! thats what owning minis are all about!

HI And Welcome to the board from the Brave Little Prancers.

Midnight is a very talented boy and pretty too!

How about "MY MIDNIGHT LOVE" ????

Also wanted to tell you that my boys and I have shown many older horses in the past successfully too. Please be sure you only work him lightly, don't demand too much of him, and get him on some products for arthertis etc. too. It's important at that age to do this to keep him in really good condition as he is in his golden years. Best of luck and good wishes to you!

Thanks Marty- I was trying to think of a tactful way of saying that!! At 26 he really should not be being asked to rear any more. I taught Rabbit to do lots of things in his younger days, and he still does a lot of them spontaneously, and he still enjoys going to his one show a year- but, at 26, I would not be driving him(if I had ever dared- he is my one true failure
laugh.gif
I drove his sire and he was fantastic, not Rabbit
smile.gif
) or showing him seriously. I certainly would no longer be asking him to do all the crazy things he does!!

Dr. Pam said:
Desiree, he looks wonderful!  Do you have a farm name or prefix you want to use?  That would help with name suggestions (and you should reserve it with AMHR and AMHA if you're a member for future babies).
How about ___ ____ Midnight Trickster?

I would get him into WC for sure--and--correct me if I'm wrong, but if she breeds him to a registered Shetland or AMHR miniature, couldn't she register the resulting foal into AMHR's new Show Pony Registry?

417321[/snapback]

I am not sure but I think BOTH parents have to be AMHR rigisterd for the baby to be registerd!! if any of the parents are not register the foal CAN NOT be registerd unless hard shipped!! so if you bred a AMHR/AMHA stallion to a unregisterd mare the baby CAN NOT be registerd!

-Gage-

Gage said:
I am not sure but I think BOTH parents have to be AMHR rigisterd for the baby to be registerd!!  if any of the parents are not register the foal CAN NOT be registerd unless hard shipped!! so if you bred a AMHR/AMHA stallion to a unregisterd mare the baby CAN NOT be registerd!

-Gage-

417516[/snapback]

Wrong. If one parent is AMHA and the other is AMHR, you can register the foal in AMHR, but you cannot register the foal in AMHA(they are very strict).

AMHR is more lenient, they allow a parent to be unregistered

midnight's temp papers have been loss & they were really odd... he is probably 21... small chance he could be older but we dout it

midnight my be older, but he is the fitest, healthest & the best ataleat we have! we have a jump that is as high as his legs that he jumps at free will in his padock, he could go around it but he chocses 2 go right over!

he can jump better then our thouroghbreds!, he is so well build & he has 2 more yaers to before he retires (then i'll start my filly)

& he loves to drive! hes the best driving horse, very stronge & responsive & willing! hes so happy, went he see the cart or the jumps

i would never make him do some thing he didn't want to, i would never force him, he wants to, he loves the company & attenction.

he has a speacial food diet, senior & atholete.

i work midnight ever other day, lightly most days or depending on the weather, overworking is not & never will be a worry

i don't ask him 2 rear much anyway, just for people visting & for photos...

i love this horse & i will be here for him untill he goes...

desiree

ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Gage said:
I am not sure but I think BOTH parents have to be AMHR rigisterd for the baby to be registerd!!  if any of the parents are not register the foal CAN NOT be registerd unless hard shipped!! so if you bred a AMHR/AMHA stallion to a unregisterd mare the baby CAN NOT be registerd!

-Gage-

417516[/snapback]

Wrong. If one parent is AMHA and the other is AMHR, you can register the foal in AMHR, but you cannot register the foal in AMHA(they are very strict).

417560[/snapback]

I just found out BOTH parents have to be AMHR for the foal to be AMHR!!

Gage said:
ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Gage said:

-Gage-

417516[/snapback]

417560[/snapback]

I just found out BOTH parents have to be AMHR for the foal to be AMHR!!

417645[/snapback]

Hmm, thats odd, because My mom called and asked them. The stallions was AMHA and the mare is AMHR, we can only register her with AMHR

Latest posts

Back