Mickey's little loving owner is still waiting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flflyingw

Reaction score
I just talked to Kiley's mother at 7:30 PM and Mickey still has not been found. This very special owner needs him home so please keep looking. Netposse has been contacted by her mother now since I told her.

For anyone that missed my first post, lost from Deland Florida,Volusia County, or I pray not taken, on Wednesday:

35" Miniature

Dark Brown

Only marking is a tiny star on forehead

Approx 8 years old gelding

Kiley is a first-grader that attends a gifted class.

She got Mickey when she was only three years old.

Forum Friends feel free to PM me with any questions

FLFlyingW/Donna

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends Mini. I'm keeping you all in my prayers and hoping he'll be found safe and sound.

Donna this is the saddest thing. Someone must have seen something suspicious, anything, and the neighborhood needs to be screened and so does all the gas stations and see if anyone remembers seeing a "horse in a van or car" for that matter. The media must be involved from there all over the state and in Georga. I mean tv radio and newspaper. That is the only way. They have to get on the sheffif's case and stay on it. I'd be calling Tampa the 301 livestock company and speak directily to Alan Parker and NO ONE ELSE there because they will put you off, and let him know in case this horse shows up at his HUGE auction there and notifiy him that it's stolen. A reward should also be posted. Money talks.

Feed stores and Vet offices should also be contacted, hopefully with a photo.

Stealing an animal like that should be a felony, like it used to be.

MA

I seem to recall that the property was heavily wooded?? Has every inch of it been checked??

I say this from experience... a few years ago a friend noticed that "Prince" - her palomino lesson horse - did not come up to the gate one evening. They looked everywhere... and found tire tracks on a tiny side road just north of his pasture. Both his pasture buddies were still there... but Prince was not. The alarm was sounded... police alerted... stables and vets notified... posters were everywhere....

And then a few days later the neighbour started to combine his very lush barley field... and found poor Prince. In the middle of the field, hidden by the very tall barley... in a trampled-flat section where he had obviously colicked after gorging himself. Somehow he had squeezed out of his field into the next one... and the barley closed behind him, leaving no obvious trail.

Maybe Mickey is actually close to home - and in trouble.... just a thought anyway...

I hope he is found safe and sound...

Thanks all. I would like to keep this bumped up on the forum in hopes we can all come up with other ideas. Marty I PM you to let you know a few things.

My vet will be out Monday to give the colts their booster shots. My vet is from the Deland area so I will ask him about Mickey. Tagalong I hope we do not have to deal with a loss like that but I understand what you are trying to tell me.

Oh Marty they did have it on the front page of the Daytona paper, the whole story. Thank you MA & C&C also. And thanks to the others for your kindness in my original post.

FLFlyingW/Donna

Well I am several counties away but will keep a lookout for him in our area. Sure hope they find him.

Just an idea, but do you possibly have a local radio station where you could call in?

We have one of those stations where all the locals call in, in the mornings to sell a tractor, find a lost dog etc.........Good luck, I know she must miss him terribly!

Also, put a large sign in front of house? MISSING HORSE, REWARD, NO QUESTIONS ASKED...........

Sure hope Mickey is found soon!!! Good luck - I'll keep my eyes open down here in Parrish.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back