Michigan help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never been so at peace. I have never done anything so right. I have cried a bit this morning but that is only after I received the first of many hate e-mails from my family. I can't put into words how mad they are at me. BUT, thru it all no one has mentioned Ringo or any other animal that has suffered only that I have destroyed the "family". This is what makes me cry. That saving face is more important than a life makes me that more sure of what I will continue to do for the rest of my life - rescue work and making sure that laws are changed. Happens that I worked for a political consultant for years before I started my equine laundry and still see him often. I can get things done - didn't have confidence in myself before but I know what I can accomplish and I'm going to educate, educate, educate. There will still be too many horses that will need rescued from cruely &/or neglect cases but with limitless sources of education I want to make sure that will never, ever be used as an excuse.

That all of this could have been prevented if pride and ego had been set aside and the willingness to accept help from those who've been there as a first-time horse owner. You make so many mistakes- usually really stupid ones
wacko.gif
- but horses, as every other animal, are so willing to forgive you and hang on 'til ya get it right. As long as the basic needs are taken care of they don't mind that you mess up in little ways - they are here to teach and humble us. As I write this I sob again over what is lost and the absolute joy & education that Ringo could provide. But for Ringo it is a blessed day - he will get to start a new life where his needs are met and he is loved. I so hope they let me adopt him and if it's meant to be it will. With supportive care he'll be fine in no time at all and I would love for the people who did this to him to be able to see him when he has been taken care of.

((((HUGS)))) to all of you for your support. Kristie (who will become a member in the next day or so) when I quit crying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another UPDATE.

The authorities in MI are zipping their lips until they receive formal requests from me under the Freedom of Information Act. So much for their original enthusiasum
frusty.gif

I just want to know the condition of Ringo - any ideas on how to find out how the little horse is doing??

Kristie,

No matter what your family says you did the right thing. If they wanted to do the right thing they would have stepped in before things got bad. I am so sorry they are sending you hate mail. I do feel so sorry for them that they can not tell right from wrong. If they did they would have helped you to get your sister to do the right things before things got out of hand.

Do you know if the state took the horse or just gave your sister a demand to correct the problems? I hate to say it but most of the time that is all that is done. If so I am surprised you have not got more hate mail telling you that the state was out and things are just fine. Most times when a person knows someone is turning them in they correct things real fast if they can.

It might not be much....Kristie......but you can be part of my family.

Vickie

Vickie,

That's one of the nicest things someone has ever said!! Of course I'll take you up on it! Thanks for all the kind words & thoughts.

okay done...you are officially my new daughter??????? I am 46 so should be old enough for your Mom. Now if you need me to email anyone in your old family, just let me know...hehehe

Ok...BABY sister.
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
and I am serious...you can be part of my family, I live in Ohio and have a couple kids that drop in to visit me on the weekends!!!!!
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back