Michael's gone three years today June 10

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Michael is always on our minds. I go to sleep thinking of him and I wake up the same way. It hurts so much. That will never change. Time doesn’t heal a pain like that. It seems like its three hundred years, not three years since I’ve seen him. He’s just so far away.

We found a new normal for us. We just want to be ourselves; maybe we’re not as outrageous as before, but we have a few fun days when we can. I think we have gained strength out of necessity. I am finally able to differentiate between what is worth my concern and what is trivial nonsense really quick. Life is just too short; there’s no time to waste on petty things. I am far from finished with the local sheriff’s department and un-trained paramedics who showed up eventually and failed to give Michael help because they didn’t know what to do. It is going to change if it takes me forever.

As I watch our local news I am astounded to learn of how many children are lost every day in our area alone for one reason or another. We don’t have a lot of resources around here so I created the Archangel Foundation (anonymous & free) that assists parents in our area who lost their children to help them through their first months. Its not on the internet or advertised anywhere.

I know now that all the Sylvia Browne’s in the world are not going to make Michael appear to me or send me a message and I am done looking and waiting for signs. If there is a way for Michael to show up and talk to me he will, but I am not waiting around for that to happen anymore. I talk to him plenty by myself and maybe he can hear me and maybe he can’t. I won’t know in this lifetime.

I planted this Angel garden of flowers for Michael. I’ve been collecting angels for it because I didn’t want to put his personal angel collection outside. There are ten angels in it. The garden is in front of his Christmas tree. It doesn’t look like much of anything right now; I’m a horrible gardener, but I hope the flowers will grow. Purple and gold for his school colors, and red because I liked it.

AngelGarden.png

Here is a quote I like:

When you are down to nothing ...

God is up to something.

This is a YOUTUBE I made this week.

One of Michael’s favorite groups was Nickleback. If he heard this song I am sure he would have loved it. Its so fitting. This is a link to the music also if you want to listen to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQyZBU28q88

If Today Was Your Last Day

My best friend gave me the best advice

He said each day's a gift and not a given right

Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind

And try to take the path less traveled by

That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day

and tomorrow was too late

Could you say goodbye to yesterday?

Would you live each moment like your last?

Leave old pictures in the past

Donate every dime you have?

Against the grain should be a way of life

What's worth the prize is always worth the fight

Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

So live like you'll never live it twice

Don't take the free ride in your own life

Would you call old friends you never see?

Reminisce of memories

Would you forgive your enemies?

Would you find that one you're dreamin' of?

Swear up and down to God above

That you finally fall in love

Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?

You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars

Regardless of who you are

So do whatever it takes

'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

Let nothin' stand in your way

Cause the hands of time are never on your side

Would you call old friends you never see?

Reminisce of memories

Would you forgive your enemies?

Would you find that one you're dreamin' of?

Swear up and down to God above

That you finally fall in love

About friends: Here is something I would like to share:

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.

A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your Pepsi drawer with her foot.

A simple friend has never seen you cry.

A real friend shoulder is soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.

A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of soda to your party.

A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed.

A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.

A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.

A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.

A real friend calls you after you had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.

A real friend expects to always be there for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty, when i woke up this morning i was thinking of you and planned to send you an email but then seen this. I still remember where i was standing when Fran told me...will never forget that feeling
default_no.gif

I love that song too and i would have to agree it is pretty special
default_smile.png

...always thinking of your Marty....

Marty,

I wish you all didnt have to go through the pain of losing him. I believe he CAN hear you when you talk to him, so dont stop if that makes you feel closer to him...

(((HUGS))) to all of you..

Missy

Oh, Marty, I wish I could be there in TN and give you a big hug and my shoulder to cry on when you need it. I'm praying for you.

Marty-

Have been thinking about you a lot lately as I knew this day was coming soon. Hugs to you!

Barbie

marty, when i lost gary, i got much of my strength from you. michael's garden is beautiful. in these 3 years, you have made michael proud countless times.

holding you close to my heart.
default_wub.png

Dear Marty,

I think of you ( and Michael) every day, and we remember Michael, you and your family, on this sad anniversary.

I wish that all of this never happened and that you and your family never had to feel this pain. I am sad and angry for you, your family and Michael.

You have taught us many things before and especially after losing Michael. I have learned what a mother's love really is, I have learned about family,courage,perseverance,prayer,belief in God, belief in Angels, belief that there must be reasons for some of this crazy crap that happens to really good people, and that some day we will all know why. Every day, I learn so much more from you, I can't begin to list all of it.

Maybe for a special reason God needed Michael, and knew that it would set in motion , a cascade of plans and good works and change for the better....I can see it in your trying to change laws, educate EMTs, find help for other families that have lost love ones. Michael's passing has set a rippling effect over us all. His life and his loss has touched us all.

Michael will always be remembered.

Wish I was there to give you a shoulder...

love,

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
((((HUGS)))) to you Marty....

I too love that song.....the very first time I heard it, Michael came to mind. Everytime I hear it I think of someone else who has gone far too soon....

Know that we are all thinking of you and your family today and everyday

~kathryn

May God Bless

Michael is always on our minds. I go to sleep thinking of him and I wake up the same way. It hurts so much. That will never change. Time doesn’t heal a pain like that. It seems like its three hundred years, not three years since I’ve seen him. He’s just so far away.
We found a new normal for us. We just want to be ourselves; maybe we’re not as outrageous as before, but we have a few fun days when we can. I think we have gained strength out of necessity. I am finally able to differentiate between what is worth my concern and what is trivial nonsense really quick. Life is just too short; there’s no time to waste on petty things. I am far from finished with the local sheriff’s department and un-trained paramedics who showed up eventually and failed to give Michael help because they didn’t know what to do. It is going to change if it takes me forever.

As I watch our local news I am astounded to learn of how many children are lost every day in our area alone for one reason or another. We don’t have a lot of resources around here so I created the Archangel Foundation (anonymous & free) that assists parents in our area who lost their children to help them through their first months. Its not on the internet or advertised anywhere.

I know now that all the Sylvia Browne’s in the world are not going to make Michael appear to me or send me a message and I am done looking and waiting for signs. If there is a way for Michael to show up and talk to me he will, but I am not waiting around for that to happen anymore. I talk to him plenty by myself and maybe he can hear me and maybe he can’t. I won’t know in this lifetime.

I planted this Angel garden of flowers for Michael. I’ve been collecting angels for it because I didn’t want to put his personal angel collection outside. There are ten angels in it. The garden is in front of his Christmas tree. It doesn’t look like much of anything right now; I’m a horrible gardener, but I hope the flowers will grow. Purple and gold for his school colors, and red because I liked it.

AngelGarden.png

Here is a quote I like:

When you are down to nothing ...

God is up to something.

This is a YOUTUBE I made this week.

I too think of that day at this time of year. I will never forget standing in our motel room in Dallas and Libby telling me what happened. I leave for Dallas tomorrow, every time I make the reservations for this trip, I think of that day. We always use the same motel for our AMHA meetings, so it is an annual flashback, so Marty, know that I will be thinking of you all weekend.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am so glad to see the tree is doing well, I was afraid for it when you were having trouble with it before.

(((((((BIG HUGS)))))) Marty.

I can't imagine what you must go through everyday. I'm so very, very sorry that you lost your wonderful son.

Marty, (((hugs))) I think about you so often and all the hurt you have endured. I love Michaels garden , I am sure it will grow to be beautiful. If you ever need me to look for more Angles just let me know, in fact...I just may do that today and let you know if I find something. You take care of yourself, hus, and Dan. I will be talking to you soon. God bless your family.

Oh Marty... I love the garden, he would too.

My son just graduated on Friday and Micheal has been on my mind for weeks. That sadness and worry was with us. It still is. Wish we as a group could take that pain you still have away from you. He was a beautiful kid and it was devastating. So glad to hear that you are helping people work with the loss of a child. Make sure it is not too much for you though. Take care of yourself and Dan and Hus.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately and always remember this date...and the shock and sadness I felt reading your post that awful day 3 years ago! (((((HUGS))))) to you and your family!!

(BTW, I feel certain that Michael hears you and is close by.)

Marty,

I don't know you and you don't know me, but a while back I stumbled across your website and read Michael's story. When I was reading it then--and when when I watched your youtube video just now--tears flooded my eyes. You have done an awesome job in bringing Michael to life for those who have never met him. I can't imagine what you and your family have gone through the past 3 years. I have a 3 year old son, and I just can't imagine life without him, so the pictures of Michael at my son's age were especially touching to me.

And then when you add the circumstances that Michael died under and the fact that this person (for want of a better word) is getting out of prison...I'm just so sorry. Sorry for the loss of your angel, sorry for the injustice in this world, sorry for the powers that be that would have allowed this person to even be out on the road that day instead of behind steel bars where he belongs.

You have done a beautiful job on your website in making Michael a real person, and not just a name and a picture. As I said, I didn't know him, and yet through your website, he's touched my heart, too. You gave him life; and you continue to give him life through your memories of him.

I'll be thinking of you & your family on this sad day.

Marty........I just don't know what to say to make it better
default_no.gif
You made the comment to me not to long ago.."I would be hinding under the bed like a scared wennie if I were you". And you are not doing that...You are alot stronger than you realize... Thinking of you with a BIG HUG...your friend Theresa...
default_wub.png

Hugs to you, Jerry, Dan, and of course to Michael in Heaven. I wish there were words or gestures to ease some of your pain. I think you are an amazing family, Marty, you know I do....

Love,

Jodi

Latest posts

Back