* Michael * Two years ago today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png
so sorry , there are no words
default_no.gif

Marty,

Hoping you and your family find strength to carry on through this sad day. Try to keep nothing but the happy memories in your heart, not of the day he passed. Hugs to all.

I know this is tough for you Marty. Thinking of you and your family today.

Carol

I am so sorry, Marty.

I think of you and of Michael, often.

Just the other day I saw a photo that I took the day that I heard the news about Michael. My family and I were over in Central Oregon and I took a photo from behind a bunch of flowers growing on top of a cinder cone.

Seeing that photo made me remember how close to home your loss hit me, with a boy very close to the same age, same interests as Michael (Kenny). I read him the riot act about riding his quad on the road, all that Summer. I think he understands me, but I don't think he can truly understand until he is a parent...and even then...I hope I never fully understand what you are going through.

I know you know what I mean. You have suffered the worst loss I can imagine.

When Kim told me (Crabby Chicken) on the phone, I laid down and cried and my Dad and Stepmom didn't know what happened, but I do remember that pain like it was today.

I wish there were any way Michael could be with you...

Life is so unfair.

Liz

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Marty. I will always remember logging on and seeing your original post...
default_no.gif
Could not believe it was true...
default_no.gif

Liz R.

Marty, the poem you posted brought me to tears and made me realize yet again just how much I don't know about the depth of your pain for the loss of your beloved Michael. Ireally have no words, just {{{hugs}}}}

I'm sitting here at my computer with tears streaming down my face. I wasn't a member of this forum 2 years ago but I am a mother of a son who is more precious to me than air so if the pain I feel at the mere thought of loosing him is only a dim echo of what you are feeling I am amazed at your strength in carrying on. I want to thank you too, when you share your pain and the poems you write to help you express it I remember that we none of us can know the day we will loose a loved one and I hug my children one more time like it will be the last. You make me remember to appreciate the time I am given with them. Today I will think of a young man I have never met and his family, and I hope and pray you can find peace in this life.

It's surreal to me that it has been two years since this world lost such a beautiful soul. I am crying reading your poem and thinking ab out it even now. There is no words I can say to comfort you and Jerry and Dan, but I will say that I still think about all of you and Michael regularly.

I will never forget that day. I knew something terrible had happened when I logged into the forum, but I could not believe it. I sat in shock for a boy I had never met, but felt that I know, for several minutes. I cried so hard for you that my mom came into my room, thinking that someone in our family had passed away. I told her it was someone in MY family.
default_crybaby.gif

I will be thinking of you today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

I too cannot believe it has been 2 years....and I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that all of you have been through and continue with since that time. All 3 of you have frequently been in my thoughts since that horrible day....oddly enough you have been on my mind for the past couple days, don't really know why, and maybe this is why.

I remember that day too. I hadn't been in here for weeks (actually a couple of months) because I couldn't take the slowness of our dial up internet. The day before it happened, our highspeed had finally been hooked up and was working. So my first time back in here and I saw that post....I sat here in tears....I just couldn't believe it....

((((hugs)))) I will be thinking of you all throughout the day....I hope it does help knowing that we are all here to support you!

~kathryn

Blessings, Prayers to you and the family........

Thinking of you, Jerry and Dan and keeping you all in my prayers.

THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DURING THIS TIME TO HELP YOU REMEMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES AND MICHAEL WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU.

Marty, Its so hard to believe its been two years already. I remember coming on here and seeing your post right after it happened. I have been told too it gets easier with time..but I dont believe it gets any easier ever, I think we just learn to accept it in a differant way. Always here for you..anytime. (((HUGS))) to you , Jerry and Dan.

Corinne

Words cannot begin to explain the sorrow I felt for you and your family when this happened to Michael. Holding you in prayers. God Bless.

Thinking of you and your family. You are a special and strong person. ((HUGS))

default_wub.png
Awww, you know I don't get on here a lot anymore Marty but you also know I love you and think of you very often and I did remember this date was coming up.

As usual your post was elegant, tasteful, warm and wonderful.

I watched all three videos..the first was perfect.Had never heard this before.

Bless you, Dan and Jerry with all my heart, Maxine and carl

Back