MHCO Show July 19

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Walt and I ( Frannie) had a great time at the show. Congrations to all. We finally put faces with names and meet many more people from Canada. You are a great club with lots of friendly people who enjoy showing and promoting the minature horse. We really enjoyed ourselves and hope to come to Canada again.Wishing all of you the best at your other show and at Nationals.
default_aktion033.gif
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Was this that canadian AMHR show today?

I am planning and hoping to go next year, want to go up and meet some of the canadians, hopefully its not so close to congress next year ...i heard from Devon a while ago and heard she did very well
default_yes.gif

Leanna had a wonderful time . Great group of people who love to promote the minature horse.They also have a wonderful web site.

Frannie, you just now getting home? I don't know about you and that Walt, staying out at all hours of the evening, in another country even!

Glad you had a good time.

It was a fun day! It was nice seeing both of you again! The show is going very late it wasnt over yet when we left around 11 pm!!

I plan to go next year, couldn't this year as my my brothers fiance had her wedding shower yesterday and the shriners had their truck and tractor pull. Though I am hoping to send my mini filly, Wonder, to Murreys Miniatures next season to be shown at AMHR shows as well as Nationals. I am saving now.
default_biggrin.png

Frannie, what a wonderful surprise to see you and Walt at the show yesterday! Presumably the border officials will let you back into Canada next time, too!
default_biggrin.png

We were finally finished judging at 11:40 p.m.!! A long day, to be sure, but it was sooo much fun!

default_biggrin.png

yes, it was a geat show-- got home around 1:30 am. It was so good to have Walt & Frannie with us for the day.

They got to see Filipowicz Entertaining The Foulks (ET) recieve THREE GRAND CHAMPION STALLION wins-- he already has one -- so now needs one more to complete his wins for his HOF. Nice you were there to see it-- also nice to get them in Canada.

All of our horses did very well -- Our baby AJ MURRAYS' CLASS ACT ENTERTAINER-- out did our expectations-- we were estatic with his placings at his very first show at 3 months of age.

Our clients horses also did very well-- I don't have all of our results in from the RV yet -- but we had a great day.

Thanks to all in charge for all of their hard work.

I believe I heard that Desiree Walace got the High Point Youth again--way to go Desiree -- so nice to see you & Joe out having such a good time. together.

Our Joe was off at a Lacrosse tournament( so we only took 2 of our own horses and Shelby came along to help Gramps -- (and mosthy to spend time with Sam ) LOL. THanks to Shelby - it was great to have him along again.He went in Liberty with John & ET -- did Battle of New Orleans--which suited ETs' movements perfectly-- they got 2 firsts & a 4th . Great way to end a good day with such a lively class.

We are off to a family reunion this morning.

Congratulations to all -- it was a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great seeing you and Walt there & finally getting to actually met you both. As Judy said it was definitly a VERY long day.

default_aktion033.gif
It was a great LONG day and Super hot.

I didnt know you guys came up to watch would of liked to meet you
default_yes.gif

Im super happy with my horses escpecially Chanel I may not own her any more but Jeez I am on Cloud 9 with how shes maturing making me and momma Fashion happy
default_biggrin.png
Had great time showing her again shes a doll. But Iam so happy with all my horses!! Got a few reserve Grand and Reserve Grand Champion and 50 ribbons that I can find lol I wa sin such a rush between classes showed 2 peoples horses for them as well just for fun:)

Yes!

It was a great day. It was my first sanctioned show, so I was happy to receive some ribbons. I felt the show was well run and saw many people working hard from the MHCO to make the show a terrific one. The gift bags and raffle prizes were excellent!

Amateur Showmanship was soooo fun! Its nice that us old girls can go out and do showmanship at these types of shows! (Thanks to some of the youth for cheering me on!)
default_aktion033.gif

Take care and hopefully we will be lucky enough to see you at the next show!

Lisa and Donny's Sunny Boy
default_saludando.gif

Yes!

It was a great day. It was my first sanctioned show, so I was happy to receive some ribbons. I felt the show was well run and saw many people working hard from the MHCO to make the show a terrific one. The gift bags and raffle prizes were excellent!

Amateur Showmanship was soooo fun! Its nice that us old girls can go out and do showmanship at these types of shows! (Thanks to some of the youth for cheering me on!)
default_aktion033.gif

Take care and hopefully we will be lucky enough to see you at the next show!

Lisa and Donny's Sunny Boy
default_saludando.gif
Hey Lisa -- if you are an "Old Girl" -- well hmmm -- makes me wonder what totem pole some of us are on LOL -- -- of course you know I am "Forever young" at heart anyway. LOL

--it was nice to meet you again

Hello everyone!

I am so glad you all had a good time. It's always a worry when the show goes so long that ppl will get frustrated. I showed my guy and had a pretty good day. Erick had some wins in obstacle and the gelding incentive as well as ribbons in halter and driving. It was hot during the day but a nice temp for driving in the late evening<VBG>. It's a shame we lost some driving entries due to the late hour.

Many thanks to our wonderful volunteers for their hard work yesterday AND over the past year. Loved the exhibitor gift bags and raffle.

Devon I just washed the photographer's card in my show pants. I'll see if it survived the rinse cycle. She said it would be a week before pics were up.

We would love to see more Americans next year...we really are nice people
default_yes.gif

Sounds like everyone had a great time!! I'm so sorry that I had to miss, as I'm usually around helping everyone in any way that I can! My grandparents were celebrating their 50th anniversary and had a big shin-dig, and of course it HAD to be on a show day. Oh well I'm so thrilled to hear how well everyone did, and I will see you all (hopefully
default_smile.png
) at Drayton!!

Congratulations all!!

OH YES! I would also be interested to see photos, so as Devon mentioned, if anyone knows of the photographer's website, that would be great!!

Well, I did get a few shots of some of the people (and Horses) didn't get as many as I wanted to, it was VERY HOT in there. Don't know how some of the exhibitors could stay in there as long as they did
default_aktion033.gif
. We had a great time (as Frannie mentioned). I got to stop at the "duty free" on the way back and get some "Allsorts" (can't get them here) Amy usually brings me some when they come by.

CanadaShow7-19-08008Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08029Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08034Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08043Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08046Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08047Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08050Small.jpg

CanadaShow7-19-08055Small.jpg

Walt as usual your pictures are worth a thousand words. When you do up my disc -- can you please include the little girl on the last picture?? THanks for sharing the pics with us all . Did you get a good one of ET??

Cheryl -- Frannie has a new talent -- she is going into telling kids stories-- she told the little girl & another little girl how you get to the show from another country.

FIRST -- you have to cross the Detroit river- (I always thought it was the St Clair ) and to do that -- Walt had to swim with Frannie on his back & tow the truck with his teeth-- and he got a fish in his shoe & Frannie was the hero that got it out -- and they had to leave soon so that he didn't have to do it all in the dark NOW there is a good story if I ever heard one.

No wonder they don't leave the country often when it is so much WORK for Walt. LOL

LOL -- we had a fun day for sure.

What a great day!! Well worth the eight months of work leading up to it. Thank you to Fran and Walt for coming up to be there I was really thrilled to meet you both (in case you don't remember me I was the old guy with the red shirt and the panama hat). All those who attended should give kudos to the show manager Kathine who did an awsome job not to mention the fact that she gave up her farm to us for the day. The food was great prepared by the local scout group and a big thanks to the one man who kept everything rolling along our president Doug. A really great day and to top it off our two year old mare got her HOF.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations Ernie & Pat-- I had not heard about the HOF -- that is super. She is a beauty for sure.

Hi All!

Yes indeed it was a great day! m boys got a few grands and reserves. i was soo proud of them! my gelding did great in obstacle and hunter

We didnt stay past driving tho, mom wanted to get home and put the horses to bed.
default_no.gif
oh well im sure they werent complaining. they were tired. anyways i enjoyed seeing everybody again. and just wanted to say CONGRATS
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
to Carolyn Aarup on a great day with many wins!

Sam.

Latest posts

Back