Mexico City

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy G

Reaction score
HI ~ Have you ever sold a horse to Mexico? Just wondering what is involved with this transaction? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many great quarrintine farms in TX that will take care of all the paperwork and everything for you once the horse gets to them your part is done.

no but i have gone to mexico city and it is very very nice. and i live about 20 mins from mexico
default_smile.png

I've sold to Mexico, but it's been some years back. I'm not sure if the horses require quarantine as they do in shipping overseas, but as Lisa suggested, you might contact one of the quarantine facilities in TX. They should be able to give you information. They will likely require an international health paper.

No but we have family there! Too bad I cant deliver for you and visit them too!!!

Thank you, everyone for all the information and web links. Nancy
default_yes.gif
:

I have before, it was probably 5 years ago when the last went, and we did not have to do quarantine, but did have to have the international health papers along with the regular health cert and coggins.

Thank you, everyone for all the information and web links. Nancy
default_yes.gif
:
Actually, I should have remembered to state that the certificate I linked to must be filled out by a veterinarian and then endorsed by a federal veterinarian (most countries require this for export). So you're going to need to have a meeting with your veterinarian to go over all the requirements.

We regularly work with the clients in our vet clinic to ship animals (dogs, cats, horses) all over the world. Sometimes it can get a bit confusing (as when we sent 4 horses to Lebanon.......the listed requirements are from 1975!!). If your vet has not done international papers before then they may need to work closely with the federal veteranarian in your area to get things done correctly.

Good luck!

We have shipped quite a few horses to Mexico and bought one. In each case you have to have an "agent" to take them across the border. I generally deliver ours to Ausmussen Equine Center in Laredo, with International health papers. Then they make the border crossing papers and the "agent" takes them across the border, where the owners or transport pick them up.

I asked if I would have to have an agent if I were delivering the horses myself, and was assured that I would. What a racket. I don't know what it cost my buyers when their horses went across, but it cost me $500 when mine came in.

Latest posts

Back