Mercy's Mom/Denise asked me to post these

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Denise has been trying to get them posted, but isn't having much luck. She emailed me tonight and asked me if I would (I took them)... so here you are....
default_biggrin.png

She posted her placings on the topic about the Area 1 show, but hopefully she'll pop in and repeat them here.

Mercy in halter

Denise5.jpg

Mercy's beautiful head

Denise1.jpg

Then it was back to the barn until jumping... Kennedy helped bring down the horses--Freedom joined Mercy.

Denise9.jpg

Freedom jumping!

Denise13.jpg

Mercy jumping!

Denise17.jpg

This was tough on Denise as both horses were in all the jumping classes, so she ran for a while!

I changed her numbers and took photos, while Kennedy switched horses... just trying to make it easier for her.

On Sunday, it was Neffie's turn!

DeniseA1.jpg

(Denise is always happy and cheerful just like this photo shows.
default_yes.gif
)

And in the ring.

DeniseA6.jpg

Great pictures!! hey karla can you come help me at the next show
default_smile.png

Fantastic photos! Karla, I have to say it again. You are so talented!
default_saludando.gif

This was tough on Denise as both horses were in all the jumping classes, so she ran for a while!
Boy do we know what that is like. I take Copper and Drifter in hunter. Then my brother usually takes Bear and one other horse in his hunter class. Then I have Drifter in jumper and then my brother has him in jumper. My poor mother must feel like a headless chicken trying to switch horses and numbers. Oh and three horses in a row in liberty isn't fun either.
default_wink.png

Thanks, Karla!!!

The best part about the show was that Freedom jumped - we have done a few shows where I could not get her to go in the jumping ring... she would get to the cones and that was it! DQed at the gate... but this year, something finally clicked and she is a lot of horse to hold back. Luckily the surgeon did a good job on my left knee and the brace held it together pretty well. Not bad for an old lady like me...are there any 44 year olds out there still running around like this? Old joints creaking, asthmatic lungs wheezing but man, it was FUN! I was happy to see there is a Golden Age Jumping so as long as I can run, Mercy and Freedom can jump!
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png

And showing Nefertiti - while she did not step out with the usual lift she has, the fact she was able to be shown is special. She is my first Shetland and we almost lost her last year when her tongue became partially paralyzed. We modified her diet and she is thriving and being naughty as ever.

Mercy is just awesome - such a special horse. She got bored with the halter obstacle after winning the Amateur HO class, got sloppy with the hula hoop pivot and decided it was time to jump - she jumped the cavaletti and went on to win the Amateur Hunter, Amateur Jumper and Adult Jumper classes. She took a rail down in the Open Hunters and was pouting when she did not place...she has given me a nip when I made a mistake that caused us not to place one year but this year she knew it was her error.

Thanks again!!!!

Denise

Loved the pictures Dee and Karla. I missed the jumping class as I was so tired but I am glad of the pictures! Great job! Linda

With over a foot of snow today and everyone plump and plush, it was fun to go back and reminisce of a great Area One show...

Karla, let Kennedy know that Mercy (and maybe Freedom) are willing to take on the training of new youth on in 2009!
default_smile.png
default_laugh.png

Have to get pics tomorrow - spent 20 minutes riding Dipper in the snow, in the dark and she was wonderful...

Denise

A bump so I can show off Karla's pics of Nefertiti to folks on the Pony Board....

Denise

lol Karla..i don't suppose you happend to get any of our horses did you?

Hillary

lol Karla..i don't suppose you happend to get any of our horses did you?

Hillary
I hope Karla can capture your horses - she is awesome! She and Kennedy were such a big help to me and I am hoping Kennedy can show Mercy with us this year.
default_smile.png

Denise

Latest posts

Back