Memorial Day Weekend Shows in NH - Northeast Miniature Horse Club

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
I can't believe the Northeast Miniature Horse Club's first show of the season is already upon us!

EEEK!!! I don't know how I'll get my horses ready in time with this lousy weather we've been having!!!

The good news is we have more than 60 horses entered (and that figure is only thru' last week). I heard that there are still a lot of entries that are coming in to our show manager. It will be a good, solid show with 2 (count 'em 2!!) World Show Judges for 2008!!!

I know it's going to be a lot of fun, and most importantly well organized!!!

The Carriage Barn facility is beautiful with a large indoor arena.

And the Herricks have once again generously donated their time and energies into providing our lunch on Sunday. The Herricks do this every year for the Northeast Miniature Horse Club and we can't thank them enough!

So even if you haven't sent in your entries yet, there's still time. We also welcome spectators with open arms. We're a fun group, so I promise there will be a lot of laughs to be had -- particularly if you enter or watch the fun classes we have planned for Saturday night. THese three classes will award COLD HARD CASH to the winners. (how else do you entice people to make fools of themselves in public).

For more information, please visit the Northeast Miniature Horse Club's website:Calendar Page

I haven't entered yet ( I lost my father last Friday and am not too organized right now...), but I'm planning to come with 4 geldings, Triple, Armani, Dancer and Sully.

With everything that's happening around here, these are all I can get ready.

Leaving Saturday AM and running back home Sunday night! Foal watch is being covered by 4 friends.

I think we're entering EVERY class between the 3 of us, so save us some space.

OH I'm also bringing all the new obstacles.....though the mailbox had a tragic truck accident and needs a new post....WHY is it that I am the only one who can back a vehicle around here????

I'm hoping to bring 5 -- I have 4 partially clipped (all juniors). I hope to have time to clip one of my senior mares, Millstones Loud and Clear (Clara).

Those who are already entered are:

Millstones Sinister Silas

Millstones Mazey's Daisey

Millstones Petit Four

Millstones Mazey's Smoke and Mirrors

Thankfully, I'm still (mostly) packed from the World Show, so all I have to do is finish clipping and bathing.

Who else is everyone else bringing????

Dru - I'm so sorry to hear about your Father.
default_sad.png

I'll be there on Sunday, just doing performance & Liberty with my senior mare Libertymere Legacys Gold Dust.

Supposed to be warm and sunny!

I hear ya, Jen!!!! Thankfully, the weather broke for a little while today so that we could bathe horses.....

I am really looking forward to this show and have been for a while. We will be there with 15.

And Dru, I am so sorry to hear about your father!!!

I'm in the same boat as Millstone. As in "how is this weekend ever going to actually happen?!" I know everybody's hard work and committee hours will pay off - it always does - but I always seem to be bringing horses who have been clipped once to remove the yak hair, and worked for about a week! Too many hats for me.
default_smile.png

But, for better or worse, I'm bringing :

Mocha's Penny Royal for her senior mare debut. (Penny is the star of my LB banner this month)

And two first timers, yearlings, both by Aristas Choctaw Charlie.

Mocha's CC Cherokee Starshyne, and her brother Mocha's CC Lucky Doctor B, named for my Dad who died a year ago. So sorry about your Dad, Dru.

Hey, if I can squeeze 48 hours into each of the next two days, the critters and I just might see you all on Saturday!

Oh Dru I am sorry to hear about your dad.

I'll see you all there. I have Mocha's CC Emerald War Chant totally clipped, no bath, no facial yet.

Tiz Just Me you see is still wearing leg warmers( haven't clipped her legs) and Mocha's CC Gilded Promise needs it all done. So It has to all get done, trailer packed and kids packed on friday. I think if I start early I'll be okay. (positive thinking will get me through.. maybe)

I am more stressed about showing with my 3 kids than my 3 horses. My mom will come to help but not being a horse show mom herself it will be baptism by fire for her this weekend. She's in charge of my color coded class list, getting kids dressed and numbers on. I'll take care of the horses. and if I am lucky dressing myself. Oh well despite the stress I am totally looking forward to starting this show season!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I still haven't recovered from last weekend. I had a local show and then the NEMHS show on Sunday. I clipped one today and two more to do tomorrow. We are coming with three:

Mocha's Sienna Royal, who will go in to the yearling mare 28-30 classes as well as the ammy level 1 jr mare classes. Sienna's owner's granddaughter is going to take her in some youth classes.

Mickey's Magic Cruzer, a senior gelding. He will go in the open and ammy classes as well. He will also be going in showmanship, halter obstacle and hunter(which he also won last weekend), and the kids are taking him in some youth classes.

Mocha's CC Promise of Gold, my yearling chestnut colt. He'll go in the yearling open classes, AOTE, and the ammy level 1 jr stalions classes. He won his ammy class at NEMHS last weekend so hopefully he will be equally as successful this weekend.

Can't wait for the show, and to see everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live too far to come in person, but Dru is bringing one of my horses who is living with her this summer in the hopes that he can find a new home after some show experience with her and the kids.

That horse is Willow Creeks Dancers Call Me Classy and this will be his first time out in the show ring.

I'll be looking for reports!

Jody-

We'll root for your fella in your absence!

Still raining & cold in NYC....

when oh when will I get these horses ready?!?!??!?

I just clipped Pogo..... that's the last time I ever clip a chestnut with a 30 blade. He has dark areas that look like shadows, which are really just the skin showing up more than the little hair that's left. Grrrrr. Maybe since it is a little cool out it will stimulate a little fuzzyness.

I got the yearling filly done last night, she looks good, although not sure I'll be able to get her trotting in the ring, she's about as stubborn as they come. Maybe the excitement of the show will wake her up a bit.

One more to clip after work tonight, and then I have several weeks before I have to clip for another show, won't that be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt-

I have a yearling filly I'm bringing, too. She's rather "opinionated" as well. Hopefully they don't plot against us!

Jenifer

Okay 2 horses clipped, I can't stand clipping a white horse. I spent 4 flipping hours clipping her and I have clipper lines all over.... I hate white!!!!!!! She tried to kill me when I was doing her ears. So I think I will work with a twitch tomorrow to finish her, and then on to the last horse and baths!!!!!!! AGH!!!!

I much perfer the show VS the prep!!!!

I agree. What I need is a geenie or something to snap its fingers and have the horses have an instant look of perfection. Here's a few things I really hate about clipping.......

I hate clipping a horse with a full winter coat because you can never get it to look good. The hair is in the way and you can't see anything and it messes up the clippers.

I hate clipping a horse who was just clipped a few weeks ago because the clipped hair is tiny and prickly and it gets under my shirt and is way itchy. Plus sometimes it is long enough to look annoying but short enough that you can't tell where you have clipped and where you haven't

I hate clipping period because horses are usually annoying and they act like the clippers are going to kill them.

I hate trying to clip legs when you pick the leg up and the horse tries over and over to tug the leg back.

I hate the oily feeling on my hands after cleaning/lubricating the clippers.

I hate the smell of the oil and clipper cleaner.

I hate sweeping up the hair.

I hate it when the horse moves back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, or worse, when the horse goes up and down, up and down.

I hate clipping ears because I have never met a horse who likes having their ears clipped.

I hate clipping because I'd rather be exercising the horse, or something else a lot more useful.

I hate clipping because I know I am going to have to do it again in like a week for another show.

But........ I LOVE the way my horse looks when he's been freshly clipped, I guess it makes it all worth it
default_smile.png

But Matt -- we do this because it's "fun," remember?
default_biggrin.png

(at least that's what I tell myself!)

Thank you all for your thoughts about my father....it's good to know people care about you...

4 clipped and one head left...but it's 53 degrees and I need to bathe them! I guess they'll go in the outside shower for the hot water.

And Poor Dancer! Spider( That NAUGHTY boy!) got off his big white exercise ball long enough to chew on the top of Dancer's tail.............

Jody, have you SEEN the NECK on that boy? I was AMAZED when I took all the hair off! It goes on for MILES!!!! He immediately goes into a frame when hitched, but I had no idea it was that stunning!!! I hope the new Lutke harness fits him....I cannot wait to see it on him!

See you all there!

dru

still exhausted....

Thank you all for your thoughts about my father....it's good to know people care about you...

4 clipped and one head left...but it's 53 degrees and I need to bathe them! I guess they'll go in the outside shower for the hot water.

And Poor Dancer! Spider( That NAUGHTY boy!) got off his big white exercise ball long enough to chew on the top of Dancer's tail.............

Jody, have you SEEN the NECK on that boy? I was AMAZED when I took all the hair off! It goes on for MILES!!!! He immediately goes into a frame when hitched, but I had no idea it was that stunning!!! I hope the new Lutke harness fits him....I cannot wait to see it on him!

See you all there!

dru

still exhausted....

Told ya he was built! He is just one of those that naturally goes into a great frame in harness.

Latest posts

Back