Memorial Day Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmiraclesfarm

Reaction score
I voluntered to bring the horses with a friends float in the Memorial Day parade. The float was Cans for kids. They are trying to raise money for all the local sports teams in the town. You'll see all the kids dressed in their baseball uniforms.

The minis were the referee's. They have ref shirts on and little baseball whistles.

Both horses did great!! I couldn't of been prouder. Feather my appy is the best for these things. He loves people and loves attention. Not to mention he has the best manners when it comes to kids. Beautiful, well she's not so good with people. Very hot headed and nervous. I knew she could do it as long as no one pet her and gave her space. Being just a baby 9 months old, she did just perfect. Got a bit nervous when the kids would try and approch her or run by her. But other than that I kept her busy when we stopped and didn't allow anyone to crowd her.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Feather being loved before the parade.

Oxford_1.jpg

Oxford_2.jpg

Here we go...

Oxford_3.jpg

Oxford_5.jpg

The float and the kids in their sport uniforms...

Oxford_4.jpg

Waiting to move..

Oxford_6.jpg

Me and Beautiful.. I came well stocked with goodies. The thing on my arm is the clicker.

Oxford_7.jpg

All done..More kids loving Feather

Oxford_8.jpg

Okay, lets play a game...Where's the horse! He was awsome. There were times you couldn't find him within all the children petting him

Oxford_11.jpg

Relaxing...

Oxford_9.jpg

Oxford_10.jpg

Going back home...

Ontheroad.jpg

What a great day!

Feather is darling and it looks like you all had a great time. All we do are small little parades such as yours ( we do not show ) and I love taking them. I get so carried away w/decorating them and you can always find a little girl that wants to lead one. Its funny the first time I was so afraid something would spook one and all heck would break loose....Im sure you had those thoughts?? But these little mini horses ( not just mine ) in general, I think are so laid back and they just seem to crave the attention and nothing ever seems to rock their world. I couldnt imagine not having one own me. Thanks for sharing your memorial day
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
Heidi

Feather is darling and it looks like you all had a great time. All we do are small little parades such as yours ( we do not show ) and I love taking them. I get so carried away w/decorating them and you can always find a little girl that wants to lead one. Its funny the first time I was so afraid something would spook one and all heck would break loose....Im sure you had those thoughts?? But these little mini horses ( not just mine ) in general, I think are so laid back and they just seem to crave the attention and nothing ever seems to rock their world. I couldnt imagine not having one own me. Thanks for sharing your memorial day
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
Heidi
I don't show either, would like to, just don't have the time in my other half running a weekend business. But I love being able to do things with the minis like the parade. Its great. Feather is just an Angel. I pretty much raised him with some help of his own mother. lol This boy lived in my lap. He's just bomb proof. He goes into this work mode and his entire attitude changes. Beautiful I was very nervous about. She's still a baby, very high strung and pretty hot. But I also know how far I can push her and as long as everyone gave her space she was a perfect little girl.

Thanks for sharing your pictures....it looks like a good time was had by all
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back