members in Canada

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Bad news on TV about big fires in Canada Hope none of our members are affected and saying lots of prayers for everyone in that area.Members please check in to let us know you are ok

I saw that on the news this a.m. Bev and it's horrible! just can't imagine what those poor folks are going through. I feel so bad and am praying for all involved.

Fort McMurray is more in the northern portion of the province (Alberta), with the majority of the provincial population being more in the southern regions. It is HORRIBLE what those poor people are going through.
default_pray.gif

I have wondered if there are any mini owners in Fort Mac--I have nor heard of any though I know some that have family there. It is so very sad--88000 people evacuated while more and more neighborhoods are burning. The fire grew 8 times bigger than it was yesterday--from 10000 ha yesterday to 85000 ha today. It seems everyone got out safely but many had to leave pets behind because they could not get home to pick them up. Beacon Hill has 80% loss. People were turning their horses loose or riding them to safety. There are 25000 people stranded North of Fort Mac with nowhere to go--there is nothing but work camps up there. The rest got out to the south. This fire is massive--they say only the weather is going to stop it. They need rain very badly. And soon--while there is still something left of Fort Mac!!!

Very sad. I have family near there. They have not be evacuated yet though.

Latest posts

Back