Meet my first ever bought gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
A farm close by had him for sale for a while...so l inquired and was told yep he's a safe beginner gelding for an old lady who was going to do very well in driving once he got going and more miles on him. lt was hard going for a while and didn't look like l'd get him not from lack of funds but because my other half refuses to buy a gelding and just recently has let us even geld and keep them on the property
default_no.gif
anyway for weeks l'd put his pix in front of his dinner plate and l knew the first few times the answer would be NO so was prepared for the ripping and shredding of his photo copied pix and info. l had a stack for every nite for as long as it took l wasn't giving up. Around the third week HE couldn't take it anymore and said GO get HIM if thats what you really want. Took my daughter along to see him and pay for him she wasn't all that cheerful about him thought he was a mistake and l'd never use him also said l was wasting my money l didn't even like gray horses though his confirmation was pretty good. We fought all the way home on the drive wasn't pleasent...the old man and her against my new guy. Who cares l was going to be taking lessons and driving him at shows if it was the last thing l do before l croke. He got here the middle of May and l was doing good in the fields driving around having a jolly old time
default_biggrin.png
then he started to gain some weight and decided he had more energy then he let on while over at the trainers...heck l got freaked with all the speed because l like slow and told my daughter she should be using him..at least for this year pretty please. Took a few weeks and she agreed to drive at the first show as a favor because l asked so nicely...which really was begging whinning and threating nicely
default_laugh.png
She drove him and every time out liked him better and better..oh goody for me because my other half l heard said if he doesn't get driven and shown and do well he's out of here
default_no.gif
. Well we hit the Calgary Stampede halter geldings were first and he placed 4th and got the gate from the other judge..bad start oh well he was a little under weight and sucked up looking no getting around that we knew he needed more weight. Performance was coming up in the next few days he'd feel and do better..OMG l prayed he would l begged and promised he was a good one it had to happen. Didn't get any show pix but his wins included firsts grands and getting the Canadian National Single Pleasure Driving Horse and the Canadian National Roadster Driving horse title..he was a good boy his first time out the daughter did a great job driving him in for his first show the old man was happy so all went good for the first ever bought gelding on the place..he now has a perm home
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Meet WCR Regalaire about a week before his show and not clipped yet..

RegaldrivingJuly32010.jpg

Awesome!! He's a gorgeous boy,
default_wub.png
and you and your daughter did great! Way to go! I love seeing the geldings get out there and show people what little horses can DO!
default_aktion033.gif

Well SOMEBODY's got a good eye! Congratulations!! He's gorgeous.

Gorgeous! You can just see him go in that picture! Love those geldings!

Barbara

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is very hard to place high in the Single Pleasure class. He looks so pretty! I think you did very well getting him, and I bet you felt pretty smart after those wins!
default_laugh.png

Congrats! I remember seeing a pic of him when he was either a yearling or 2 yr old (not sure which) and I liked him then...and seeing that pic of him driving...i like him even better now!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks...l know l'm gonna like geldings l can muck out his stall without having to worry about my butt...big change from mucking out the stallions
default_biggrin.png
l believe he was 2007 National Champion Gelding when he was a 2 yearr old so you LindaL have a good memory..

I told you! I told you I told you I told you!!
default_new_multi.gif

I understand now why you were so worried about the whole situation but it's been a ton of fun helping you behind the scenes and I'm not surprised he did so well based on the pictures you've sent me. What an awesome little guy!

Again, congratulations.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your gelding! He looks like he's fun to drive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oohhh!!!
default_wub.png
He's gorgeous!

I don't blame you a bit for fighting so hard to get him!

CONGRATS!

Who cares l was going to be taking lessons and driving him at shows if it was the last thing l do before l croke.
Driving at shows.. three words I never thought I would hear you say(or type)but am happy to hear.
default_smile.png
He is a very nice boy. With legs that go on like his he should excel at what ever you want him to do. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back