Meet Katie~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
Since the move from Oregon to VA, I have been looking for a buddy for Miss Maggie.

Shana told me about Marlene and I went to see Marlene's large herd of beautiful Minis. Thank you Marlene.

Meet Katie.

She is 31" tall, 10 years and getting used to her new home. Have never had a mini this tiny.

KatieMeNari8Aug14.jpg

Had DS take some photos of Katie for me this morning.
She really wanted to say Hi to Nari, but Nari did not want any of it. LOL
Think I may have to turn the above photo into a painting soon.

Ebony1smaller8Aug14.jpg

Katiewalkingtome8Aug14.jpg

I did try to take some photos of her loose... but as usual... LOL She did a cute little nicker at me and came right over.
Right now Katie is in quarantine. But soon, I will slowly let Maggie and her get to know each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's beautiful, congratulations. What a pretty face she has!! Yes would make a gorgeous painting. I had to click it to enlarge to see that's a big cat LOL looked like a Fox sitting there.

What a pretty little mare Katie is! Congratulations on your new addition and companion for Maggie!! they always need a friend
default_smile.png
Also Welcome to Va!!! I am in Va too!!!! I also have 2 mares, both 2yrs old and half sisters. One is a dwarf and is the cutest little girl, her name is Josie! Misty is my other and she is a Pinto.Enjoy your girls and keep us posted when you introduce them to each other!! Hope you get settled into Va and like being here!!
default_smile.png

What a sweetheart! ♥♥♥ Glad to hear Maggie finally has a friend!

Carol

Thank you so much everyone.

Right now, teaching her how I would like her to lead, how to round, around me at gates and so on. Just started hand cues, which she is picking up pretty fast and seems to enjoy it.
She does spook pretty hard when anything comes up behind her, but with me working with her,, and all the chickens, sheep and etc here... she should get over that pretty fast.

Due to the heat and her only being here a short time, just taking her for short walks.

When the weather cools off,,, might start some ground driving and see how she does.

I only have the Hyper bike right now, so if I decide to teach her to drive, will have to pick up a light weight easy entry cart. Though I worry about the hills I have here, she does have a rather long back, so I am not

sure how much she would be able to pull, and she is pretty small.

Will fit her out for a Sawbuck and Panniers soon though. Maggie helps a lot around the place and I figure Katie might enjoy it too. VBG

Latest posts

Back