Meet Kasspur

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazee bout Kasspur

Reaction score
Howdy Ya 'all from Texass!

Please meet Kasspur....he is my new mini-donkey...a present to myself for Easter/Mother's Day. He is a spotted jack....18 months old. The pics of him tied are when I got him back in March. The other pic is around the end of May. He was pasture raised and not handled much but he is getting tamer every day.

This is a great forum by the way. I've learned so much just from viewing all the posts. Plenty of info to help me learn all about Mini's.

I think I've been bitten by the Mini Bug
default_aktion033.gif

I also have two pleasure riding horses, one cart pony, one Baradoe ewe, one dog and two cats.

Lori
default_saludando.gif

00150005.jpg

00150001.jpg

default_wub.png
what a cutie.

Welcome to the board.

I hope you enjoy your new friend.
default_biggrin.png
The board is great with answers any questions you might have.

Hi and WELCOME
default_saludando.gif
to our longear part of the forum, from Wisconsin. I am sure you will love being owned by one adorable donkey
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
I really like the way you spelled Kasspur, clever and unique..I have a Casper also, but hes a BEI. If you have any questions please just ask away...there are alot of knoweledgeable breeders/owners on here.

Corinne

Hi and WELCOME
default_saludando.gif
to our longear part of the forum, from Wisconsin. I am sure you will love being owned by one adorable donkey
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
I really like the way you spelled Kasspur, clever and unique..I have a Casper also, but hes a BEI. If you have any questions please just ask away...there are alot of knoweledgeable breeders/owners on here.

Corinne

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome! Yes, I think Kasspur is pretty unique...we are just having a ball together.

OK...fill me in...what is "BEI"?????? Already learning something new!

Also it looks like we are headed into another drought here in Texas.

default_no.gif
Hay will be expensive, scarce, and of poor quality. I've had very good luck during such dry times with feeding the soaked beet pulp to my horses as a fiber substitute along with extruded feed.

Would the soaked beet pulp be okay for the donkey? I've read not to feed the alfalfa hay since it is too rich for their system. What about alfalfa pellets?

I currently give Kasspur a cup of 10% protein horse pellets each morning and night.

I sure appreciate any and all advice!

Thanks,

Lori

Hi Lori, Glad to hear you are enjoying him! Donkeys DO NOT need grain. They will do just fine on a simple nice grassy hay. If they get to much protein, they will develope a crest on there neck. If you do need to give grain..a small SMALL (you get the picture..
default_smile.png
) handful is all you need to do. If you feed treats you can use animal crackers, soda crackers, or graham crackers..all low calorie. You can give them a little beet pulp to extend there hay as well.

BEI means a solid ivory colored donkey with blue eyes. They are on the rarer side, and pricey. You cansee my Casper if you go to my site. (www.meadowridgeminiatures.com)

Hay is getting more expensive every year..and the weather sure dont want to cooperate. I am fortunate that I dont have to buy my hay. We have a farm, and do our own...but we still need decent weather for drying.
default_smile.png
Corinne

default_saludando.gif
Welcome Lori and Kasspur from Nova Scotia, Canada!! I love his name and he sure is a cutie!! My "kids" names are Max and Emily, and I can not imagine being without them, they are lots of fun
default_aktion033.gif

Well no more grain for Kasspur then! Just crackers and the beet pulp. I think I saw the hint of a crest coming in
default_wacko.png
. He just seemed so bony under all that fur when I first got him.

Thanks Cheryl....Max & Emily sure are cute! What are their ages?

AHHHH....BEI....YES!! There was one advertised in my area that looks a lot like yours Corinne
default_yes.gif

He was rather pricey then I guess they couldn't get him sold coz I saw that they kept dropping the price down.

I'm not sure if he ever did sell
default_unsure.png
It's dry here in S. TX so not much grass...grazing animals are going pretty cheap
default_wink.png

Please send some rain our way.
default_rolleyes.gif

Lori

howdy Lori and Kasspur and welcome from sunny Arizona
default_saludando.gif
i have a spotted jack Wiley and two spotted jennets Taffy and Becky Lynn - plus a chocolate Peggy Sue and 5 gray jennets, and saving the best for last, a brown jack who is Dillon in my avatar
default_488.gif
. he's awesome (don't tell him i said so but he would be absolute perfect if he was spotted lol that is the ONLY thing wrong with him
default_biggrin.png
)

Peggy Sue is Taffy's daughter and all 3 of those girls have been with Wiley this past winter so i am hoping for at least one spotted jennet foal that i can keep to give to Dillon when she is old enough
default_wub.png
i love the spots!

Hi Ya Susan
default_saludando.gif

Hot enuff for ya there in AZ??? We've already had close to 100* temps here in TX...but it's cooling back to the high 80's now.

Gosh, you have a whole family of mini-donks....that's what I want more, more, MORE!! A herd of mini-horses would be AOK too. Sigh...alas I'm only on 2 acs. so I have to limit my stock. Someday I will have a few hundred acres, my own irrigation system,...I'll go to auction and bring home a new rescue each week...well..

I can dream about it anyway
default_biggrin.png

I hope you get a spotted one!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm saving up for a Jenny. The spotted ones really catch my attention.

Aesthetically(sp?) pleasing. Hee Hee! I fell in love with Kasspur's pic on the internet and ran to get him.

He has "Groucho Marx" eyebrows and when he looks right at me I just crack up laughing
default_wub.png

At his young age I felt I could more easily halter train him etc. I have arthritis in my shoulders and can't really have something dragging me around. Many donkeys are advertised here or are given away FREE, but it's You Catch 'Em and You Load 'Em, and Good Luck with that! :DOH!

I'm hoping to start training Kasspur for cart driving when he turns two.

Stay Kool Everyone and God Bless
default_saludando.gif

Lori

Lori and Kasspur, here's another welcome from Missouri
default_saludando.gif
He is sure a cutie pie
default_wub.png
We would happily send some of our rain down to Texass! if we could!
default_yes.gif

Thank You Tammy,

How are things for ya'll there? Are you experiencing any flooding? Trust me...we could DEFINITELY use some of that rain....blow it this way if you can.

We had our wet year last summer. My pasture resembled a rice paddy and I had my first experience with equine rain rot as well as greasy heel!
default_wink.png

Lori

default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back