Meet Cinnamon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenTree

Reaction score
I brought home my first Mini this past Friday! Her name is Dayspring Cinnamon Heaven, aka "Cinnamon" for short. She'll be 3 in May and stands 32.25 inches.

I've owned a few riding horses and helped rehab a couple horses in the past but after a few injuries and a busy life I walked away from the equestrian lifestyle. That is until recently.. My best friend brought home a soon to be 2 year old filly that was wild. She had her hands full and I offered to help work with the filly to get her to a "safer" mind set since she was rearing, striking, kicking, bolting, and difficult to catch. Since working with her she has become a polite little filly who places her face into the halter. Not only was the process good for them but it brought me some healing, and memories of the connection shared between human and equine. Working with her filly became my safe place, an escape of my current reality as my grandmothers caretaker. My grandmother raised me as a child and has developed dementia, it gets difficult at times and being with a horse keeps me present.

Now I have my next project Mini, named Cinnamon. She hasn't been worked with at all but is more of the in your pocket type, very pushy. She's registered but I don't know that we will show. I'm interested in driving eventually, and maybe trying hunter jumping. I do have some hopes that she will like to explore the world like my friends filly who I would take on walks along the river, over logs, through boulders, and into sand. I'm a goat packer and think it would be fun to add Cinnamon to the pack string if she enjoys it.

I've been lurking for a while so I thought maybe I'd introduce myself since I actually own a miniature horse now. Here is my attempt at sharing photo's, the bay is Cinnamon, and the spotted is my friends filly that I worked with.

Best of luck with her , I love that you have had some healing working with your friends horse, rediscovering the bond between horse and human
default_smile.png

a little late , but , welcome. cinnamon is adorable, im sure you will have fun with her. check out the driving minis i think you will be able to join in soon.

a little late , but , welcome. cinnamon is adorable, im sure you will have fun with her. check out the driving minis i think you will be able to join in soon.
I will do! I check the post out every so often and it looks like so much fun. I hope to do come CDE with her someday.

Latest posts

Back