Meet Betty!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
Found a 2nd outside kitten, safe and snug in the Sheds until we have better weather and they are old enough.

Her name is Betty... 7 claws...very nice kitten, with the most unusal coloring. Found her at the 3rd Shelter we looked at. Only nice clean shelter out of the lot.

The others were just gross..sick kittens with the runs, tons of fleas and ear might plus they made us wait 45 minutes..we were the only ones there at the time. Had to ask the same questions over and over...threw them for a major loop because I knew what I was talking about. And they were rude.

Feel sorry for the animals there.

But where we got Betty from..nice clean shelter, healthy animals, person working there was friendly and helpful, was a nice change.

Right now her and Sadie are getting to know each other....so Sadie has a buddy now...which is a good thing!

Betty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful!!!!!!!

Going to shelters makes me want to bring them all home!!! Oh, if I could only win the lottery.... I would be known as the "Crazy Animal Lady".

default_biggrin.png
Betty is gorgeous! I love her markings! Does she have 7 claws on each foot? I'm glad she has a wonderful home now and a buddy. Keep us posted. These pets are so much fun. I wish I could have all kinds. Then, I get a reality check. :DOH!

Joan

Betty is gorgeous! She looks a lot like our cat, "Keeper". If she grows like he did, watch out. He's probably 25# of fluffy kitty
default_wub.png
Looking at Betty's facial bone structure, I really think she's got Maine Coon in her!

keeper-111702-2.jpg

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill your cat is beautiful!

I love Maine Coons! Not sure what Betty is... kind'a looks Bengal in coloring? But instead of spots she has big stripes.

Her paws are huge...if she grows into them she will be one big cat.

What a beautiful kitty....! Congratulations on her, and I hope she brings you lots of happiness.

Liz

She is gentle and very sweet, little on the shy side but I do not mind that. Rather off sets Sadie's zippiness nicely.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks!

[SIZE=12pt]Shari she's really pretty...glad you found her
default_yes.gif
, i am sure she's glad too
default_wub.png
, Nikki[/SIZE]

Thank you Nikki.

Not sure I will keep the Name Betty. Is what she came with, doesn't answer to it and I feel a little funny calling her that, because one of my Aunt's is named, Betty.
default_unsure.png

She really doesn't look like a Betty to me...

So far I have gathered for possible names..

Buttercup (after princess bride)

Amber

Claire

Daisy

Hoshi

Nariko

Suki

Wide range of names.....hummm....

[SIZE=12pt]Shari...LOL...Betty just doesn't seem to fit you're right...I had a cat years ago named Suki
default_wub.png
...Nikki[/SIZE]

Well.. I voted for Suki and Buttercup.... "buttercup" just got my son to roll his eyes.
default_biggrin.png

Hubby and DS like "Nariko"... NAH-ree-Koh... what'a mouth full. Nick name to that would be "Nari".

Can't you tell, we like different kinds of names.

Dyfra -Icelandic

Maggie-American

Theia- mother of a Greek god

Sadie-American

Heidi-? She was called Heidi because she liked to hide all the time when we first got her.

default_biggrin.png

Now... Japanese

Nariko

Wonder if the Vet will be able to say it?? <LOL>

Latest posts

Back