measuring in at R shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph G

Reaction score
I am going to leave for Area III show in Perry tomorrow and had a question that will determine what time I leave.

My junior mare was measured in for a show within the past 60 days and the slip says it's good for sixty days, so I don't have to measure in this weekend right?

So, if I don't have to measure in do I still have to be there for measurement to present the slip or can I find the show steward when I get there and show him the slip?

Slip is good for 60 days, you will just have to show to show manager when you check in and get your numbers ext......

Actually you have to show the show steward, not the show manager, if you didn't send with entry fees. They have been really strict about seeing the measurement cards this year in my area at least.

Well, measurement is from 8:30 to 11:30. I think(It's says 8:00 to 11:00 in a different part of the show premium)

So do I need to check in during that time to present the slip, or if I arrived later could I present the slip to the people in the show office when I present my coggins and get my stall assignments? (Is the latter what you meant Erica?)

Show stewards need to see the slip and the horse. They do not have to measure you if you have been measured in the past 60 days. They are making sure the measrement slips match the horse/pony and recording it on that show's master list. Very necessary for their reporting on the show.

So coggins, etc. goes to show manager if you didn't send in prior.

Take horse and measurement slip to show steward, let them record it and you are on your way.

default_wink.png

I just send everything in with my entries so my post maybe wrong not sure......but when I sent entries in I do paper/measurement cards/coggins/heath certs......I just sent it all in.

I have all orginals with me but makes it go easier when I have 11 horses....

Yes I generally send everything in, then they can pre-record on the master list for the steward, but the card and horse have to still be checked. At least in Area 6, that is what they are making us do. So I haul 5 ponies and their measurement cards up to the steward, they look at the card and the horse and say 'Okay'.

Silly, but the last show I was at, they had a hissy fit when I didn't. Made me bring them all up to check. Wouldn't let me go in a class.

As a show manager - if that information is there for me to pre-record (if it is still a good measurement card), then I pre-record it, they just check it.

Usually at the shows we just showed them the card or slip and the horse's papers; didn't have to bring the horse up to the show manager too.

Show stewards need to see the slip and the horse. They do not have to measure you if you have been measured in the past 60 days. They are making sure the measrement slips match the horse/pony and recording it on that show's master list. Very necessary for their reporting on the show.

So coggins, etc. goes to show manager if you didn't send in prior.

Take horse and measurement slip to show steward, let them record it and you are on your way.

default_wink.png
Actually it is up to the show manager or steward. . I go to shows every weekend, and we just show the show manager our pink slips and go about our way ..
default_yes.gif

but it is not a big deal if the steward wants you to bring the cards to him/her , they do the same thing, just record on the master list the height from the pink slip or permanent card..

I can not imagine them not letting you go into a class because you had not shown the steward your slip.. Did you not show the show manager either..? Hate to say but you must of had a steward that thought they were King for a Day :DOH! No offense to those that are stewards , but it is just like some people that are Judges and think they run the show , and that they are the big cheese , Hey You are still just a peson hired to do a job at a Horse show !! And while exhibitors should show you respect , you are not the above the rest..

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going on our 4th year showing in Area 6 and for the 1st time ever we were told we have to show the horse and the pink slip to the steward. They said they had to verify that the horse matches the pink slip. Well, I guess that meant they needed to see the papers too because otherwise how would they know? Well I hauled each horse up with all the info, waited in line for each horse only for the steward to take a look at the pink slip and told the person recording the measurement. He didn't look at the papers, or the horse. It was a total waste of time. I know muffntuf said that is pretty common, but I have never had them ask me to do this and we usually go to 5-6 shows a year. Usually I send it in with my packet, or in this case had to bring them with because they were just from the weekend before. It is nice to know they are double checking as I suppose someone might cheat, but for crying out loud if I have to waist my time to do so you better check it over!

lol that doesn't make much sence. by the time you dig out paperwork and haul the horse over to the measurement place you might as well just have the stupid horse re measured..LOL I thought the point of the card was so you didn't have to go through all that hassle all over again at every show..LOL

lol that doesn't make much sence. by the time you dig out paperwork and haul the horse over to the measurement place you might as well just have the stupid horse re measured..LOL I thought the point of the card was so you didn't have to go through all that hassle all over again at every show..LOL
Me too. I feel the same way. That is why I didn't understand the whole thing.

Yes I agree with you on this. But its been the same so far in our area. They have to see the horse and the card. Whatever. Then I don't worry about it, I figure its another opportunity for my ponies to be around unusual circumstances, so I just take them to get measured.

You have to take the pink slip to the steward. They have to have the measurement to record it . Not all show managers will give the steward the measurement.

To save time have your measurement slip filled out before you get to the measurement table and have your paper work with you. It will shorten the line and save everyone a head ache.

I am with Belinda with a lot of steward do think that they are king.

Good luck with your measurements. and on showing
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back