meaning of "national champions"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt] When you see a horse advertised for sale and it states this stallion is sire to 20 national champions.[/SIZE]

1. Does this mean that one offspring has won 20 national championship titles or it could mean any number of the stallions offspring (from 1 to ??) have won national championship titles.

2. And to win a national champion title the horse would have to go to the annual national show, right. Not a regional or local AMHA/R santioned show.

3rd question: Is a national champion title the same as a world champion title?
[/color][/code]

1. 20 National Champions would mean 20 horses. 20 National Championships could mean 20 Wins.

2. Correct. The National Championship for that registry.

3. Yes. After AMHA change their name to World Championship they stated that National Championship titles would mean the same.

[SIZE=14pt]Well if I saw that I would EXPECT that the stallion has sired 20 different horses that became National Champion at the nationals... not regional. Also AMHA has designated that their nationals is now called World Championships while AMHR still calls them Nationals but they also call the AREA shows which I refer to as Regionals as their National Area _ Show. Also there is a show in Columbus OH that is called the World Championship show. Im sure it is all very confusing and lends itself to much mis conception.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Like lyn i would expect it to mean that his offspring has acheived 20 National championships not local, area, regional but the Nationals or now World show

Yes, it does get confusing. At first glance I would assume the same as Al B, Lyn, and Lisa. However, it's always wise to ASK and get clarification.

MA

Latest posts

Back