MDM's Cool Copper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks kay, i was worried there for a second lol!
default_smile.png

I have no idea what you people are talking about lol. Can be get back on the main topic here, this isn't about registry i was simply posting pics of my colt. Moving on from where ever you were flipping the page to. Thank You.

This topic was about my colt not registry. Please stick to that. Thank You

Ok. I don't own mom or dad, 2 you must not be reading the rules GC if your looking at the pinto registry. Because they do accept solids but i have no idea what he's doing with the mare and its not my concern. Also i'm not registering him AMHR AMHA or anything else just Shetland and Pinto.
I think while honestly it is your horse and no ones concern everyone is just wanting to let you know that there is NO WAY you can register this horse ASPC(shetland) you can register it pinto of course and NSPR but no way no how can you register this foal shetland anything.

Again it is a cute foal and I am happy for you on your purchase. I think everyone was just trying to make sure you totally understood so that you werent disappointed

It is important for everyone who reads this thread to understand the rules so they dont get confused on what can and cant be registered. When posting on a fourm things like this come up and threads take on new information that needs/will be given that is just the way it works :)

Last edited:
Thanks i think already painted the picture about 6 post ago lol. Hope everybody enjoyed the pictures.

[SIZE=12pt]MDM, Copper is really a pretty colt. I love his markings and it will be interesting if he turns a dark silver dapple pinto like his Mama is. Love that color! I don't believe though that he could be homozygous for pinto if that is what you were referring to? Both parents must be pinto for a homozygous foal to be born. Although you never know what Mother Nature will pull...LOL He looks SUPER :aktion033: [/SIZE]

There is no such thing as a grade shetland. To put it simple, either it is a ASPC full blooded shetland (meaning both bottom and top pedigree) or it is not a shetland. The mare pictured is not a shetland.
[SIZE=12pt]CG this statement you said above is NOT true! There are MANY grade Shetland ponies-most of the Miniature horses were just that. Even though so far we don't know if this mare has ASPC papers or not, you can't say she is not a 100% American Shetland pony!
default_wacko.png
: I am sorry this is my opinion..[/SIZE]

Good Luck with Copper, MDM and please feel free to pm me about this mare. I would be very interested in her linage
default_yes.gif
:

My best,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny. I don't think she's registered so i don't know her linage but she has some kind of Silver gene because he said her last foal turned out around the silver color as well.
default_smile.png

CG this statement you said above is NOT true! There are MANY grade Shetland ponies-most of the Miniature horses were just that. Even though so far we don't know if this mare has ASPC papers or not, you can't say she is not a 100% American Shetland pony! I am sorry this is my opinion..
The shetland is a bloodline. This is where people get mixed up. People believe that any pony that is small is a shetland pony, that is not true and i think that is where you are coming from. People can call there pony a shetland bc they dont understand what a shetland is or the background of it but that horse is not a shetland. Every horse going back to 'chestnut' and 'prince of wales' and all of the first shetlands registered must have every horse in his/her pedigree carry the bloodlines going back to the very first horses that came off that island or carry the bloodlines off that island.

I'm sure many years ago when the Shetland breed was discovered even before the ASPC registry i'm sure there were grade shetlands that came off that island but after that other pony blood got mixed in and other breeds so it would be very hard if not impossible to find a 100% shetland pony that is not registered today. That is not my opinion, that is fact.

I really do look forward to seeing what color copper ends up as. He'd be really handsome if he gets his dams color and dapples but its hard to tell at this age and im no color person.

She is a shetland pony, i don't know if she's 100% i don't care how big or small she is she is a shetland pony. I know that and just because she isn't registered doesn't mean she isn't a shetland pony. Not every single shetland pony in todays world is registered APCR or registered at all. Does this change the breed or histroy "NO". It creates more bloodlines and color gene's into the pony world.

I agree 100% with Jenny she is a shetland no matter if she has papers or not and thats a "Fact"!

Internet troll

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A "Do not feed the troll" image (don't encourage trolls by reacting to them)

Internet TrollIn Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls.

Your calling me a troll now because i don't agree with you and you like to cut off and go off topic when "POLITLY" asked not to.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Hey Hey Hey! Lets be nice to each other or Lewella will come in here and ban us all! :new_shocked: [/SIZE]

GC, I don't want to argue with you, but after studying Shetland lines for some 30 years and learning what I can about them and WE never stop learning, I've seen many grade American Shetland ponies . It is true not ever pony we see is an American Shetland. Gosh the American Shetland ponies of today do not have true bloodlines of Scottish Shetlands(although there are some out there who are half and more!). They have been made into the beautiful animals we choose to raise by infusions of Hackney, Welsh and ?? lines. There are many 100% American(mind you American is what we American's made them) who are grade. During the depression many ponies lost their paperwork and you could barely give them away. Lucky for us, many breeders were able to hold of their pony herds and wait for the market to get better which it did in a BIG way...then they hit bottom again and again many registered Shetland ponies lost their paperwork. Audrey Barrett told me a story about breeders who didn't like getting small foals from their mares, so they would take those foals and sell them at the local auctions-no papers for whatever they could get for them. I know many of those same ponies are the heritage of our Miniature horses today....Hey please don't say there are NO grade Shetlands out there because I had one. He came on a train to Washington state to some relatives of the then deceased famous Texas breeder, Will Williams. I used him as a great grade pony for many years, then Audrey Barrett helped me to find his paperwork and he became registered...What can I say!
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We need to be nice helpers and friends here to each other. It's places like this forum that we are lucky to have because they allow us to learn about the breed(yes American Shetlands are a bloodline breed) and also learn from each other. There are no TROLLS here Kay :no:

Lewella were are you? She herself has a grade Shetland mare who is believed to come off the Red Rock ranch...so there ya go...another grade American Shetland pony who can't get her paperwork or who might not have ever been registered in the first place!...like Copper's dam could very well be. I can bet dollars to donuts she came from registered American Shetland stock-lost or didn't get registered.... I could go on, but I won't.....
default_wink.png
:

Jenny
default_wub.png
:

That this is why i love you Jenny lol.
default_yes.gif
: Thanks yes i agree 100%, there all connected and they feed back to grade ponies so what are papers? Its just showing that you know the bloodline just because its grade does not make it not a shetland. Jenny is right we never know the history of this mare she could of been lost tracked in the pedigree and registry buissness.

Thanks Jenny
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back