May weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is more cheerful with the sunshine. I actually have a semi-dry lot at last! Did see that a bad system is heading this way next week. Didn't want to hear that.
There were some pictures of the animals on the nursing home facebook page. A cute one of the chicken, and several with the goats. There was one of Midnight, but she is not shown interacting with the residents. I put the striped leggings on her, but they didn't stay up very well. She didn't mind them at all.

Attachments

• corn2.jpg
    corn2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
She looks happy. What did she think of the residents and all their wheelchairs and walkers and such?
She was fine with all the residents and equipment. She maneuvered around nicely. The floor there is sort of grippy; easier for fragile folks, so it was good footing and she didn't need boots.
She did neigh loudly one time; guess she was out of sight of the other horse or was a little nervous.

Took Dapper Dan to the nursing home today. My sister took her horse also, and Miss Clucka. Glad I put Dapper Dan's boots on; we were able to go into rooms to visit residents. My sister was not able to take hers into rooms as the floor was too slippery. The halls were carpeted, so footing was fine there. Dapper Dan was perfect! He maneuvered into rooms behind beds and backed out of tight spots perfectly. He shook hands and bowed. He did not make a mess. And he did not nibble on anyone! One man had crumbs on him and I was a little worried; DD checked out the crumbs but did not nibble.
I suggested to two guys in wheel chairs that we could bring harnesses, harness the horses to the wheel chairs, and let them have a race down the hallway. They thought that idea was pretty cool--all in good fun. Some people were scared of horses. Some were scared of the chicken.
A good outing.

Back