May need to buy new large animal clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverRidgeMinis

Reaction score
I noticed my 16 year old Oster Clipmasters are running very hot after just clipping one horse so

I may be due for new clippers. I can't complain as they have lasted 16 years. Anyway I have

hear that alot of people like the Double Ks. Can some of you let me know how you like them and

why you would prefer them over the Clipmasters? Do they make less noise? Do you hang them up and

how to secure them to the wall? Or do you wear as belt clip (looks sort uncomfortable)?

Sincerely,

Freida

Silver Ridge Minis

I love (LOVE) my Double K's. I have the kind I chain to the wall. They stay so much cooler than my Andis AGC Super Two Speeds.

What I don't like about the Double K's is that the "stiff" cable makes it a little harder to do heads. I use my Andis for that usually. But, of the two, it's the Double K's I'd not be without.

I use laube's. Just like Double Ks. I love mine. I've been told by some people that the cord on the double Ks hurt their wrists after a while of holding it (so they've switched to Laubes). The problem with these type of clippers is that they run at a high rpm (cuts smoother). So the blades get hot no matter what. I just switch the blades out periodically while one cools.

The blades do get hot, but not as hot as on my Andis and not at all hot when I clip them wet
default_biggrin.png
Which wasn't something I realized I "could" do until last year and now I love it that way most
default_yes.gif

I also have Double K's and wouldn't have anything else for show clipping. I got the wall mount ones with the 12' cable and find that the 12' length is just right. I don't have mine permanently mounted on the wall--they come with a chain & I use that to hang them on a stall support post in the barn when I want to clip--that works very well. The one year I did my clipping in the horse trailer with an extension cord run from the house--that chain hanger makes them very portable!! When they aren't in use they hang in my closet where they stay clean & out of the way. For faces and often legs I use my Wahl Chromado cordless clippers as they are a little bit more maneuverable.

I don't have a problem with the cable on the Double K's, but then I can clip with either hand, so if one wrist starts to get tired I just switch to the other hand & continue clipping!

Latest posts

Back