May I share some exciting dog show brags please??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunaL

Reaction score
I don't post on here about my dog stuff but I am so excited about two of my bred-by puppies I have to share it!! I know some of you also show dogs
default_smile.png

So I have a litter that just turned 9 months old a week ago. I show UKC with American Pit Bull Terriers. My dogs are very slow to mature but there have been 4 shown so far out of 9 in show homes and all four are either Championed already, two have 2 majors and one has one major. So I'm already proud of them all but last weekend and this weekend were SO exciting!!

Last weekend one of the boys, Atlas, was shown for the second time ever (he already had two majors from his first show). He won Best of Winners to finish his Champion title, then won Best of Breed. The next show he won the Champion class, Best of Breed and Terrier Group 3!

Friday, Atlas was shown again, winning the Champion class, Best of Breed, Terrier Group 1 and Best in Multi Breed Show!!! His brother Ares won Best Male for his first major.

This Saturday was our UKC Nationals, a really big deal of course
default_smile.png
I was unable to go but we were represented by two littermate boys from our litter, Atlas - the one that won the weekend before, and his litter brother Ares.

Out of all those dogs, Ares won National Best Male and then National Best of Winners!! AND... Atlas won NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!!! I am STILL crying tears of happiness...... The boys were shown by owners new to the show world and handling and placed over multiple Top Ten dogs and people showing for years.

Anyways, I just wanted to share, we've had our share of many successes and also losses in our 10 years of showing but this was a huge one. Many judges won't put up puppies unless they are exceptional so I feel very honored that both boys earned such distinctions at such a young age
default_smile.png
And for them both to be pulled out and win from such huge classes was really a testament to consistancy of type and quality which is something I have really been striving for.

In the dog shows at our Nationals there is only ONE Best of Winners, ONE National Champion and ONE National Grand Champion so it's huge when you win
default_smile.png
Their owner plans on campaigning them both from the Grand Champion class once they earn that title (which should be really soon) so we will be back out next year to go after that National Grand Champion title
default_wub.png

They are sired by my pride and joy, Crash (UAG-II, UWP, GRCH 'PR' Ravenloft's The Infernal Machine TT, CGC, TDI, BST, Cl2-R, PennHIP, OFA, DNA-VIP) so they have some big pawprints to fill
default_wub.png

No official show photos yet but here are some shots from last weekend's wins

Atlas_BOB_9_28_08.jpg

Atlas (2008 National CH BIMBS CH 'PR' Ravenloft's Weight of the World)

Ares_front_9_23_08.jpg

Ares (2008 National Best of Winners Mjr Ptd 'PR' Ravenloft's Winning The War)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! Big congratulations...you must be floating on air!! Your dogs are so beautiful!

Congrats!!!

You have some awesome dogs, it is so good to see you post your wins here with APBT
default_saludando.gif

I have had this breed for 20 years and will never own anything else.
default_wub.png

Any other shows coming soon??

Heidi

default_nono.gif
default_nono.gif
BSL

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been researching Pits and Amstaffs for the past 6 months with the view to purchasing a pup. Your dogs are awesome - congrats on such an accomplishment
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

WOW!!!!

BIG Congratulations, Shauna!!!!!!!!!

happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! That must be wonderful to breed dogs that do so well.

You have every reason to brag, they are both very nice dogs. It is wonderful to see the breed represented in such a positive way. I have a couple of aquaintances that raise and show this breed, and I love their dogs. They are so kind and loving. Yours are a real credit to the breed. Congratulations.

Thank you so much everyone for all the kind words :) It is a wonderful feeling
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back