May be needing a hauler, would love recommendations or info on who not to use

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
May need a hauler, new to this as I've never shipped a horse, have done the hauling ourselves, so any insight/input, who to go with, who to stay away from would be greatly appreciated!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pm or email me, do NOT post names or negative comments on any here on the forum..

Thanks in advance!

I have used the Worley's for years with wonderful and safe service from them! Reasonable rates too. They are very kind and caring folks who treat all the animals they haul like their own.

I would definitely recommend Hauled Right they took great care of my boy, and kept me informed the whole time he was on the trailer.
default_yes.gif

In Ontario, Canada I use Mary Mykytyn and she has always been a very friendly and fair priced shipper.

Mary is headed down to Oklahoma area end of OCtober for a few horses to return to Canada.

Hauled Wright (link) and Sharrway (link) are my picks. They've both hauled for me a number of times and I've been thrilled with them. Hauled Wright will be bringing Destiny and Monkey to me next month
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
Hauled Wright is also especially fast at getting quotes back to you.

Also, before booking, you may want to ask for pictures of the rigs. There's one hauler that is recommended often through here, I've used them and will never use them again. If you could see their rig compared to the others -- that would be a clue...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharrway Transport, they own miniatures and Shetlands and ASPR ponies and know what they are doing. Your horses/ponies will be well taken care of.

I've only used Sharron & Wayne - Sharrway - and would recommended time and again. Both Sharron and Wayne are awesome people.

I second Worleys
default_wub.png
, love them Mari & Bill are great! Care for the horses, and keep in touch during the trip! They have hauled four horses for me over the last few years, one cross-country, and they all arrived in excellent condition!

www.worleyshauling.com

I would definitely recommend Worley's. Wonderful people to work with, great communication. I have used them for years and every horse arrived in excellent condition.

There is another hauler that is highly touted here often, I used them once and would never use them again! You can pm me for details.

Nikki

I am another one who can vouch for Bill and Mari Worley!!

They have hauled quite a few times for me now and they are not only very reasonable but take very good care of the horses!!They keep in touch very often also!

Susan O.

One thing to remember when choosing a hauler is that of course not every client will be happy. There are always those that are impossible to please I am sure we all know of a few people like that
default_smile.png

Things to do are to check references. If they leave numbers or e-mails on their site check them. Not only current ones but go back a year or so even more if available. If someone from a year ago still remembers it as being a good experience chances are it is.

If you hear one bad and 30 good chances are the good are more true to the company then the one bad.

Make sure the trailers have plenty of vents and windows. Make sure they have dividers that go to the floor as opposed to make shift pens which can be very dangerous.

The things I look for from references are first and foremost was the horse in good condition when it arrived. I account for some horses stressing a bit and becoming a bit sucked up that is somewhat normal especially if traveling to a different climate.

Was the horse calm around the driver/handler or were they skittish when normally not so. Was the trailer clean and other horses looking good. * I am always one to peek in and check out all the horses on board*

Was communication good both for the seller and the new buyer?

These are the things that I check for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back