Mary Lou...........Saleboard

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wewindwalker

Reaction score
Why are ads being pulled off the sale board?

And no one lets you know about it.

I can't believe that my ad was pulled and there are ads that are personal still on there.

My ad was that I was looking for a pair of Peacocks to go with the one that lives with my horses.

I posted it there because I wonted to deal with horse people that had peacocks that were use to being around horses.

Read the rules of the board that might help answer your questions. ITs for horses and horse related items only. They cant babysit everybody constantly on there.

I dont understand why it is so hard for some to follow the simple rules of the board?

Ashley, no disrespect but my message was addressed to Mary Lou.

I would have sent it to her email but it isn't working right now.

I've been on this forum since it was started so I know the rules, thank you.
wacko.gif

Well on the forum you are gonna get responses from everybody.

If you know the rules then why cant you follow them?

wewindwalker said:
Again this was addressed to Mary Lou, thank you.
465655[/snapback]

This is a public forum, and anyone can reply to the topics, if you need Mary Lou, you can PM her!

And that is a minaiture horse sell board, if you wanted to sell a horse, you wouldnt want to be knocked of on the second page for someone who is looking for peacocks on the miniature horse sale board!

-Gage-

WHOA! Everyone just take a breath. Seriously, is this worth getting upset over? Some of these responses seem to me to be a tad on the harsh side of life. Can't we all just get along?

Evelyn asked a question. I don't see any reason to jump on her and be rude. It is possible to answer a question without being nasty.

People not wanting to see ads for anything other than actual minis ask for those ads to be taken off. But the people that put those ads up then get upset if their ads are taken down. You can't please all people and I feel for Mary Lou when she provides everything here for all of us for FREE. ML tries very hard to please everyone! Myself, I'm just grateful for Mary Lou and everything she does for ALL of us.

OO <----Two asprin for Mary Lou.

I'm not on either "side", just happy with ML's generosity any way she decides to present it.

yes.gif

On the earlier thread started by Songcatcher, Mary Lou did post and say something like if it makes anyone feel better she had just removed an ad regarding someone wanting peacocks. If anyone cares to read through that thread I think they will get the gist of WHY she removed the ad.

She did also mention, as did Carol of Vertical Limits, that she simply doesn't have time to go through and delete every single ad that really doesn't qualify to be on the LB saleboard. Both also mentioned that every time they do remove an ad they get an e-mail asking why was the ad removed, then they have to take the time to reply to that query, so sometimes they just don't feel like bothering with deleting all the ads that should be deleted.

If I may make a suggestion to the original poster here--did your ad simply say that you were wanting peacocks? Perhaps it would have seemed more appropriate for the saleboard if you had said "wanted, peacocks that are used to being around Miniature horses"? Then everyone could see why it was posted on the LB board

I personally don't care what's advertised, be it puppies, peacocks, purses or someone wanting support for a rule change--I find those no more annoying that the looooooong horse ads that are repeated time & again--but judging by the other thread there are many that see these ads as a complete violation of the rules.

Rules are rules, after all, and when anyone posts a non-horse ad they must know there's a chance it will get removed. Kinda like speeding--you might get away with it every day for 2 months, then one day you get stopped & ticketed. Such is life.
yes.gif

The forum being what it is, if you didn't want input from us little people you should have just PM'd Mary Lou.

I think Mary Lou & her helpers do a great job
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

If you do a search on the WWW for peafowl, or exotic animals, there are hatcheries and exotic auctions all over that you would be able to get peacocks from. I don't think you need to specify that they have to be used to horses, they're pretty adaptable. Then you could get other colors, such as white, pieds, black winged blues, all sorts of cool ones.

I do have to agree the saleboard probably wasn't the best place to put it, but at least you now know where to look
smile.gif

Minimor said:
She did also mention, as did Carol of Vertical Limits, that she simply doesn't have time to go through and delete every single ad that really doesn't qualify to be on the LB saleboard.  Both also mentioned that every time they do remove an ad they get an e-mail asking why was the ad removed, then they have to take the time to reply to that query, so sometimes they just don't feel like bothering with deleting all the ads that should be deleted.

Rules are rules, after all, and when anyone posts a non-horse ad they must know there's a chance it will get removed.  The forum being what it is, if you didn't want input from us little people you should have just PM'd Mary Lou.

I think Mary Lou  & her helpers do a great job 
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

465740[/snapback]

Thank you Minimor and others for their replies. This goes to show you exactly what I was talking about. And you are right, we all have lives other than the Forum. The Saleboard is just one small part of it. So if I get the emails and PM's that I do, I can only imagine what Mary Lou and Mona go thru.
wacko.gif

So, please everyone. try to obey the rules. The rules do apply to everyone even though some do not think so. Why don't you take the time to actually read them to avoid further problems. It would be greatly appreciated by all.

And Evelyn, you know I do not mean any disrespect but you did start this topic on this public Forum when it should have been handled privately.

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back