Marty!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Hey Guys

After seeing that interesting post by Marty a few weeks ago on parasites I decided to use Pyrantel Pamoate on myself. I have the wormer that I use for my dogs that I get through a vet supply sight, but it's also intended for use on humans. I have to say I was a bit nervous; kind of like that feeling of, I want to know if I have it but don't want to know too. Riis' first litter of pups had worms -I guess she had some encysyted roundworms- even though she had been wormed and so I thought that, even though I wash my hands up to 10 times/day, an egg may have gotten under a finger nail, I may have bit said finger nail...and that's all it takes. So after much hesitation I took it yesterday. I was so expecting to crap out a ball of worms
default_smileypuke.gif
I didn't
default_biggrin.png
Felt a bit wierd at first. Stomach making wierd noises. But all is well. Phew. Nice to know I wasn't feeding a community within me! LOL. Thanks Marty!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, you are too funny.......but please, keep us posted! (Just don't be too graphic if there are latent results.)

default_biggrin.png

hahahahha I am terrified to deworm myself! I am a long time nail bitter and it gives me the hibbie jibbies just to think something could be living inside me :Cold-Scared I certainly know I don't have a tape worm because I have NO problem keeping the weight on :DOH! Watching the video Marty posted sure made me think about my nail biting.
default_no.gif

eww! OMG, what is that, really??? I'm totally serious, what is it??

Is it ok to give yourself wormer like that Matt? You said it is also for people? How much did you take? OMG...I'd be afraid to do that....best wishes!

eww! OMG, what is that, really??? I'm totally serious, what is it??

Is it ok to give yourself wormer like that Matt? You said it is also for people? How much did you take? OMG...I'd be afraid to do that....best wishes!
LOL. Yes, it's totally safe. Like I said, the wormer I get is actually intended for people but is safe and effective for dogs too. I don't think that that's actually a worm that Marty showed. I've seen that same pic on a cleansing site. It's basically "sludge" from an intestine after a "cleansing". If that came out of me, I would die LOL LOL. I'd love to hear of any other self worming experiences LOL. Coming from a medical family, we'd talk about this at Sunday dinner. Fascinating!

It's basically "sludge" from an intestine after a "cleansing".
That person has...or should I say...had some serious issues!

My husband has to have a colonoscopy a couple times a year (ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, and proctitis)...that's alot of itis...he has to take meds/liquid the day before to clean his intestines out. I assume this stuff would take anything and everything out...thankfully I've never seen anything like that after he has done his meds!

I suppose nothing a little fiber might clear up...
default_biggrin.png

LOL. Yes, it's totally safe
Where can I get this stuff???...just kidding...I don't want to know what's in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness! Was that a worm?! How could anyone live with that inside of them?
default_unsure.png

LOL matt i've often though the same thing after having puppies! as far as i can tell ALL puppies get worms. I've raised several litters as well as known many other people. Never failed to have worms in the pups with the first worming (even if bitch was heavily wormed before hand). Just part of puppies i guess! nasty though huh!!

Ok, this may sound kind of disturbing....but I'd love to have a colon cleansing procedure done! Just imagine all the stuff that would clear out of your insides! I'm fascinated by this kind of thing. It grosses me out, but I can't help but look. Kind of like a car accident, can't help but look!
default_new_shocked.gif

When I worm the horses, I will spend the next couple of days picking apart their poo to see if I can find anything wiggling around.

I really want to watch those videos Marty posted but will have to wait till I get back to work where I have high speed connection.

Matt, now that you have been wormed, your coat should be nice a healthy now and you'll loose that 'potty tummy' that is so common when you are needing a good dose of wormer!
default_new_rofl.gif
Ohh yeah, you will possibly get a little frisky too !
default_wink.png

Too funny.
default_biggrin.png

Ok, this may sound kind of disturbing....but I'd love to have a colon cleansing procedure done! Just imagine all the stuff that would clear out of your insides! I'm fascinated by this kind of thing. It grosses me out, but I can't help but look. Kind of like a car accident, can't help but look!
default_new_shocked.gif

When I worm the horses, I will spend the next couple of days picking apart their poo to see if I can find anything wiggling around.

I really want to watch those videos Marty posted but will have to wait till I get back to work where I have high speed connection.

Matt, now that you have been wormed, your coat should be nice a healthy now and you'll loose that 'potty tummy' that is so common when you are needing a good dose of wormer!
default_new_rofl.gif
Ohh yeah, you will possibly get a little frisky too !
default_wink.png

Too funny.
default_biggrin.png
LOL. Always frisky here Leonie
default_wink.png

Seeing as how I've never wormed myself, do you think I should start myself off with a 5 day surge of Safe Guard?
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Latest posts

Back