MARS BAR SLICE RECIPE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys can get these ingredients over there, so let me share this super easy recipe that kids AND adults just love!
default_biggrin.png

3 mars bars - 60 grams each

90 grams (.198 pounds) butter - not margarine!

3 cups of rice bubbles - I think you call them rice crispies over there?

200 grams (.440 pounds) of melted eating chocolate. I use cadburys milk chocolate. I wouldn't suggest dark choc for this.

Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper ( mine measures 11 inches x 8 inches)

Cut the mars bars and butter into cubes and put into a large pot. Cook on low until it's all melted, stir often.

Add the rice bubbles and stir.

Pour mix into slice tin.

Pour melted chocolate over top and spread. I melt mine in microwave.

Let slice cool in fridge.

Once cool, remove from fridge. Bring it to room temperature then slice into bite sized pieces. It's much easier to slice at room temp.

This is so yummy. Please try it and let me know what you think!
default_aktion033.gif

xox Leonie xox

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds very yummy! I will have to try it. My only question is, the two that refer to grams (butter and chocolate) do you know how many cups these measurements equate to?

Thanks!

This sounds very yummy! I will have to try it. My only question is, the two that refer to grams (butter and chocolate) do you know how many cups these measurements equate to?

Thanks!

Ohhh, I'm not really sure what it would be in cups. I have amended the weights to pounds (lbs) in my post so I hope that helps.

That will help me very much! I don't bake much, so I am not good at the conversion, but this looks like a recipe even I can do!
default_smile.png
Thanks so much for sharing!

How are Bailey and Willow doing, by the way? Those are two minis that I just can't get enough pictures of! They are so so pretty! (Yes, I know Bailey is a boy, but he is a pretty boy!)
default_smile.png

It kinda makes me laugh that rice krispies are called rice bubbles in Australia
default_biggrin.png
. That's fun! It would be neat to see what other things we call slightly different names.

It kinda makes me laugh that rice krispies are called rice bubbles in Australia
default_biggrin.png
. That's fun! It would be neat to see what other things we call slightly different names.
There are lots of examples like that! My husband is Canadian so he tells me about lots of them.. The cereal called Special K, is totally different to the Canadian (and probably the States) Special K. Our is much larger flakes and tastes very different. Your Special K is more like our corn flakes! All made by kellogs too, so go figure.
default_wacko.png

I have made this recipe twice, following all the directions to the letter and both times it has come out rock hard. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I can make it so that it doesn't come out like this I would love it, because it tastes awesome!

I have made this recipe twice, following all the directions to the letter and both times it has come out rock hard. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but if I can make it so that it doesn't come out like this I would love it, because it tastes awesome!
I wonder why? Is the recipe exactly the same as mine? Mine turns out chewy, but not hard. I let mine get back to room temperature after taking it out of the fridge before slicing it. I've just sliced mine up to take to my friends place tonight and just had to sample a piece or two!
default_rolleyes.gif
It's good!

Latest posts

Back