Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow congrats!!! She is awesome and thank goodness all is well. Looks like she had good reasoning for taking her time
default_smile.png

Oh, my!

Congrats!

Glad it turned out ok, and she's lovely. I think Diane is starting to rub off a bit, cause I'm starting to like these appies a bit. Maybe it's just that these little ones are such stunners.

Would Kirra be taking extra time to be sure all the spots are just right?

Hoping all is well, and you have more beautiful foals on the ground soon.
Well maybe not quite spots, she definitely took her time to get the pattern just right.

It's invisible spots LOL!

If she is a snowcap then she'll be a 100% appie producer like her dad, but he's a fewspot so she should keep the colour that she has....... or at least that's how I understand it
default_thud.gif

Future team of spotty showjumpers is looking promising right now!

Now the outside mare, Taff, seems to be kicking into the final run and I think Kalari might be planning something for tonight....

Brilliant save Bree!! Another fabulous filly - well done Kirra and many congratulations all round!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I have to respectfully disagree. From looking at these early pictures, I believe you will find that this 100% appaloosa producing filly is REALLY a FEWSPOT!!!!!! The BEST of all worlds for appaloosa producing!!! Many fewspots "seem" to have color, but you will find that underneath what appears to be colored fur, there is lots of white. This will become more pronounced in the next few weeks.

I am so excited for you (and me) to see such a lovely filly safely on the ground!! Good job saving mom and this precious little one. Keep these SPOT pictures coming!!

Just so you can understand my rambling, here is one of my fewspots at birth, going through her color changing in the first few weeks, the next month, and then clipped.

Amber10.jpgAmber15.jpgAmber20.jpgAmber 6-25-09 026.jpgAmber clipped 8-22-09 001.jpg

Oooooh. Will be interesting to see what she does! I must admit I'd love her to hold onto some silver, all my silvers are varnishes so I don't get to enjoy the colour
default_whistling.gif

Probably a good thing Shadow is in a different country to you Diane... otherwise I might find him missing one day
default_wink.png

Anyway can't stay long.... I have sleep to catch up on thanks to my NEW FILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_whistling.gif
:whistling

1 left, the outside mare.

Pretty sure Belle isn't pregnant this time.... just fat!
default_thumbdown.gif

Another stunning filly!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THESE LITTLE BEAUTIES!! I see VERY busy show years ahead of you!!

Oh WOW!! They dont hang about once they get going do they!! Many congrats on another gorgeous filly Bree - thank goodness they all waited for you to get back from your trip.
default_yes.gif

I can't believe I have four beautiful girls
default_wub.png

Bet my friends mare has a colt now
default_thumbdown.gif
.... she'll never forgive me LOL!

Taff waxed up a bit last night but clear wax, I stayed out for the night and she set off the alarm twice going down so combined with the waxy bits vanishing I'm leaning towards not ready. Might actually get a proper nights sleep tonight
default_thumbup.gif

Fingers crossed. She's told me if a colt comes out with no spots I have to stick him back in so the mare can fix him
default_wink.png

What mare is he bred to? What's her color genetics? Appaloosa? If so, what pattern?

Trying to keep you from having to put a colt back in.....because sometimes "no SPOTS" can be just fine, where few spots are concerned......
default_whistling.gif

Now those are my kind of spots, love pintos. So cute. Congrats!

You're going to have to do a photo line-up, I seem to have missed one, I only remember 3 foals. :eek:

Latest posts

Back