Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to Freyja
default_wub.png

She loves being outside!

IMG_9737.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

And back to Legacy...... or are we
default_wink.png

IMG_9743.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

As to colour now that she's out in the sun I'm leaning towards smokey black? But that might be my wishful thinking so thoughts are welcome! I'll probably end out testing her.

Freyja has her full name now
default_smile.png
Marlanoc TB Valfreyja.

I won't get a chance for more photos until later but it's cute watch her and Legacy slowly get closer and closer. Can't wait for them to work out they can actually play together
default_new_rofl.gif

She certainly not as laid back as her big bro' LOL!! Keep those pics coming - she's an absolute delight!
default_yes.gif

congrats again Bree! so glad you were there to help and saved your precious filly!

gorgeous baby girl! I hope she is a smoky black! that would be icing on the cake!

She's so active! My mum sat out in the paddock for ages and got some lovely photos of Legacy just chilling (will resize them and post tomorrow) and Freyja is a little black blur
default_new_rofl.gif
She and Legacy had their first snuffles today, very cute
default_wub.png
:wub

Twinkles is wearing her foal alarm. Her udder is feeling firm, knowing her she could put more in it, and the liquid is clear and slightly sticky. So she should have more time. But her vulva is getting quite relaxed and under the torch light looked quite pink. Throw in the horrid gale force winds (again!) and potential hail storm I thought I better be safe then sorry and put the alarm on.

Based on her breeding dates she is in the due time now I saw her bred on a day that would make her due date the 1st but given when she started acting in heat and Pallidon's "eagerness" we could be on day 330 already... we could be past it! She's also been a bit hormonal at both foalings which could have sped her up, she wouldn't be the first mare to go early thanks to the other girls.

Can't wait. Sounds like we're getting ready for another announcement very soon!!! YEAH!

Good luck with Twinkles - hoping that bad weather holds off for you and her!!

The weather is TERRIBLE. Massive winds and lots of rain blowing in, we're under another severe weather warning for the area same as when the trees went down. And we're expecting thunder

So OF COURSE Twinkles has had me up every hour to check on her, she's filled that udder to bursting (no wax yet though) and probably ruined my sleep more in one night then Ashanti and Rivain combined did in one week!

I'm not sure I've responded to so many false alarms thinking "don't be foaling, don't be foaling." Thankfully nothing yet.

The weather is supposed to clear by this afternoon or as the weather people say "become isolated during the afternoon and clear over the evening."

Tomorrow we're back to horrid wind with "scattered showers" over the day and more thunderstorms during the night.

Did anyone else spot the nice little foaling bracket? I'm sure Twinkles knows, she's always gone in between two storms.

If she doesn't go then she'll have to wait for Friday when it all clears again.

So apart from a bay, what other possible colours can come out of this match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well breaking it down to be as exact as possible:

Pallidon has two red genes, agouti status unknown and a single cream.

Twinkles has unknown red and a single agouti. She's registered as buckskin and doe shave some of the visual look of a burnt buckskin (bucky with sooty) but her pedigree and progeny don't line up with that. I now think she is a dark bay with the pangare modifier (what you see on Exmoor ponies.) She's passed this on to both Derby and Sterling and at least one of her previous foals.

So putting it all together again. We'll assume Pallidon has no agouti and that Twinkles has no red:

25% Smokey Black

25% Black

25% Buckskin

25% Bay

If Twinkles has a sneaky red gene:

25% Palomino

25% Chestnut

12.5% Smokey Black

12.5% Black

12.5% Buckskin

12.5% Bay

If Palli has an agouti gene then it drives up the chances of bay/buckskin.

I haven't tested anyone, this is all based on accurate pedigree colours and progeny.

Twinky has milk flecks now, the liquid is cloudy and is easily expressed from her udder.

SHE HAS WAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok it's itty bitty drops of it, but it's definitely wax and not that funny white dot you get sometimes, if I clear it I just have to give the teat the littlest squeeze and I get liquid. SO it's starter wax
default_new_rofl.gif

Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight. Didn't sleep last night either. But who needs sleep!

So basically we'll be getting another bay
default_new_rofl.gif
Cant wait to see the FILLY she gives you.

I'm so glad you told me about the pangare modifier. Wazza has it and I never knew what it was called but figured out it wasn't part of his main colour. Liquorice is getting the same around her nose and eyes, so cute, but is brown not fair like Wazza's is.

I've attached these photos so you can see what I mean and if this ISN'T Pangare modifier at work let me know.

DSC_0055 - Copy.JPG

w17.jpg

Maybe tonight Twinkles?

Liquorice might just be doing that funny foal colouring? Wazza could have it... or it could be that appie gene at work again
default_new_rofl.gif

Exmoors show pangare off the best, how much does this look like an extreme version of Twinkles' colouring?

Exmoor-pony-exmoor-pony-4605090-363-500.jpg

You can see it very minimally on Derby here at 3 days old:

Day 03 (3).jpg

And Sterling at a day old:

sterling 06.jpg

Latest posts

Back